It probably works fine if you want to migrate simple Joomla pages, but definately does have its bugs if you try to migrate complex websites.
I've bought the extension, installed it and it showed articles which was o.k. But there have been bugs in it, as it does not show the percentage of the sales amoutn corectly. After contacting the autor, I was told that this must be the server, which cannot be the case. I than was told, that he does not have the time to solve the problem... hey, I mean it is a commercial extension and I am a willing subject for tests and a very experienced Joomla user running a succesfull a VirtueMart shop.
I don't think one should present a commercial extension, which isn't testet properly.
This guy never purchased the VM Sales - Joomla! Component. Maybe he wanted to review another extension? What happened?
But this free version works out of the box and it even looks nice too.
Of course one could always do with some more parameters and those are the few bucks for the pro version worth it.
Once you crate a new page after that you can choose your template or text snipped in your text editor and the work is done. Very, very useful. I installed in on two pages using Joomla 1.5.8 and 1.5.9.
I came across this tiny component when I went through the Recently Updates on this page. I installed Version 1.1 - it did not work.
As I am used to installing extensions in Joomla and its adventures (;-) I klicked first on the creators homepage and he had already changed the bug the same day!
I first got another small problem which I mentioned in his forum, the answer came promt and very friendly. It turned out that the problem was with me. Well done and well kept forum. Thanks!
Thanks for your review.
Thanks also for the feedback you gave through the forum. It all helps a lot to make my extensions better.
Content Templater is still in beta, pretty new all, so probably some bugs here and there. If you come across any, please let me know.
I did not have to read any instructions, its just very well buildt and can be configured intuitively although the author provides a good help site.
I would also like to mention the very well done and superb clean layout. I personally think this to be a masterpiece.
But, although I do very much appreciate the tremendeous work Walter Cedric there are some questions about it, which in part go to the Joomla! team rather than to Walter.
First of all, why on earth does Joomla! not contain this component! Every time we get a new release of Joomla!, it is recommended for security reasons to upgrade. This means, I will have to get the new patches from Walters SecurityImages too (they are quite a lot).
Everytime I do this It is the same procedure.
1. Override the original files
2. Test it - it does not work properly (mostly because some of the uploads do not work etc.
3. Download the files again and override it again.
4. After I have done this three or four times, it starts to work. But mostly not everything. So I have to go through all the files to find the faults. As I mentioned, I have got some experience and I do get it run everytime. But as some of the other mention here, there is no real tutorial here. Maybe Watler could create one, which one could buy?
5. After that, you'll have to fine tune it and finally it works great! Thanks Walter!!!
6. The newer the versions of Security Images go, the more Ads and links are put into the admin. I highly agree that the creator should have hers or his links and some ads, but it is definately overdone here. Once again, sorry do say that.
But as you might see, its a lot of hassle everytime I do upgrade Joomla which always runs smooth and this is in fact very sad, because the component is a good thing which keeps away spammers efficiently.
Pleaset Joomla! team: Make Captcha a part of Joomla!
Joomla 1.6 will have an event system, so basically it will be possible for plugin to register function on events: like onFormSubmit, beforeFormSubmit etc...
moreover Joomla! 1.6 will have captcha out of the box! I will try to contact the core developer to see if I can help in this area...be patient, it is coming!