in Joomla! 1.6 there is no built in PDF solution.
See Phoca documentation site and forum site to get information about the difference between Phoca PDF and built in pdf solution in Joomla! 1.5, e.g.:
- configurable PDF document (over 40 parameters in Phoca PDF plugin vs. 0 parameter in Joomla! itself)
- using of own or selected fonts possible (important for multilanguage support)
- updated TCPDF library - more features in CSS and HTML translating (the article html site is converted precisely)
- plugin system - it means, you can create a plugin for your own features and you need not to care about all the PDF creating procedures
- solving IE bug (displaying PDF in Interent Explorer)
- etc., etc.
If you need to convert something to PDF where Phoca PDF plugin does not exist yet, such plugin must be done first. This is why Phoca PDF framework includes plugin system, so the framework can be extensible. :-(
To future review makers:
Please, read exactly what Phoca PDF does, before installing and please review the features of Phoca PDF not features which you think, Phoca PDF has.
PDF is not like HTML, it is very complicated system which is not easy to setup but if it has been setup correctly it can be really helpful.
Thank you for understanding