- Easy to set up
- Functions as described
- Includes very useful features such as custom fee fields (which a lot of other components do not have)
- Easy customization of email templates and messages
- Again, the awesome support
Cons / Areas of needed improvement
Here's where some sophistication in the component could make it simply awesome...
- If you have two events enabled, you can not have different currencies for each one (unless you pay extra for that as a custom feature). I think this needs to be a part of the core code.
- If you use custom fee fields, all the members of a Group Registration are applied the same fees. For example, if you have a dinner option for your event and someone would like to register a group but not every member of the group wants to go the dinner, then the members of that group must register as individuals.
- Provides both map and text results (or both), which most other locators do not.
- Easily configurable address display field.
- The developer provides great screencast tutorials. I wish everyone would do that.
- *** You can only search by ZIP or postal code not by address. This was a deal breaker for me.
- *** Needs a separate search module or mode for not displaying map on mode. Yes, you can turn the markers off on load, but the map remains. This is a key weakness when space on web pages is so precious.
- You can create custom fields but you have to manually alter the SQL database and then import. There's nothing in the admin interface for this functionality.
While we always appreciate feedback, this review is actually incorrect on all "cons". We'll work to update our documentation to make it clearer that all of these items are possible:
-You can search by postal code or address.
-The search module does not require that a map be displayed. There is an option for "Display Map?" that is a Yes/No.
-You do not have to alter the SQL to add custom fields. We even offer a video showing how it is done.
Pros: Custom fields, separate search module, multiple categories, toggle on/off loading of map, language files, and yes you can search for any location in the world on a single map.
Cons: (More of a feature suggestion list) no option for text-only results, no toggle between miles and kilometers on a single map.