this is my first review. I am working on a joomla site for a while now. We updated Joomla from 1.7 to 2.5 and everything seems to work fine. We even got kept an old version of this plugin running in this 2.5 enviroment.
The problems started to occur when i updated the extension to the current version (2.5.8, i think).
Pages with custom module positions which had this module assigned to it didnt seem to load anymore. The pageload would just display a and tag without content. Once the module was unpublished the particular pages would just load fine.
We are on a shared hosting solution and access to the error logs isn't given at this time. However we had the php error reporting tell us that there were a couple of E_STRICT notices with our site but nothing that would come close to the files included by this extension.
I had to remove the extension from our Enviroment and it will stay that way until we find a better solution or this Error will be fixed.