1. Unzip the file.
2. Open folder "install" and copy and paste both the "uninstall" and "install files" into your unzipped folder. Select all of the files and folders EXCEPT for any plugins and module folders and archive the files into a zip. Install that zipped file, as you would normally into Joomla.
3. For the modules, I use FileZilla to upload them all onto my server under the "modules" folder.
4. For the plugins (this is where I found it tricky and I had some errors). I had to zip each plugin folder individually and install them one by one. I found some of them didn't have the setup/installation file.
I hope that helps any of you who have had trouble installing Tienda. I have yet to start using it, but I checked and all look normal in the backend.
*I was disappointed that the Google Checkout plugin would not install. It was missing some files, so if anyone has the proper plugin file I could install to make Google Checkout work with Tienda, that would be great!
Thanks for the vote and review(!), but you really have me scratching my head.
1. We don't yet have a Google Checkout payment plugin for Tienda! You can confirm by looking at it's empty folder in our SVN here: http://projects.dioscouri.com/projects/tienda/repository/show/trunk/tienda/tienda_plugin_payment_googlecheckout
2. Where did you download the Tienda installation package from? Our installer will install all of the auxiliary plugins and modules along with the component, so this is making me concerned about the source of your package.
3. When you say you "noticed a lot of people had difficulty installing the zipfile", could you tell me where you were reading these reports? Our public bug tracker is here: http://projects.dioscouri.com/ and I don't see any bug reports for installation...