Tried AcyMailing yesterday. It imported the subscriber list without a problem. Configured the subscription process and created a template for the newsletter, all within a day. The 3 example templates provide an great starting point.
Send out a long overdue newsletter last night with great results.
This component provides:
- templates (multiple)
- multiple mailing lists
- statistics (see how many subscribers opened the mail)
- web access to the newsletters
- catch bounced emails (to see if the mail actually reaches the recipient)
all in the free version
Only thing missing so far (or I haven't found it yet)
- manually send reminder email for confirmation (not that important, but if you know email bounce it could be handy)
- configuration of the thank you for subscribe messages on the website. It displays a standard text now.
This component easily makes it on my 'must have' joomla component list.
Thank you for your review.
To customize the thank you page, you can either change the text on your language file (via the AcyMailing configuration page) or you can turn off the message and configure your own redirection page (so you can create your own thank you page with a Joomla article for example).
If you want to send a reminder about the confirmation, you can easily create a list of unconfirmed users using the mass subscription screen and create a Newsletter including your confirmation link. Then, temporary turn off the confirmation option, send your Newsletter and turn it On again.
Just to avoid any misunderstanding, the "deliver" field indicates if your server was able to send the message or not whereas the bounce handling (AcyMailing Enterprise) is able to connect to your mailbox to analyze the messages and execute an action on your subscribers using a non-existing e-mail address.