You can see what the component is for on this site: to show a collection of books on a website (whether virtual or a real library), with possibility for lend requests and reviews by users.
The component is quite easy to use:
- Install the component
- Configure backend and frontend settings in the admin
- Create a menu link to the component (Menu manager in Joomla)
- in the backend, create a book category
- Go to "manage books"
- Enter a new book using "New" button
You can look up book ISBN numbers on Amazon or some other book site. With ISBN numbers entered in the book, you don't need to enter all book details manually but can pull them in from Amazon. You can of course enter book details manually also, if you want.
- Save the book
Once you have the book saved, select the book in BookManager
- Click "Refetch information" (twice, also on next page)
This will download the info from Amazon for that book.
- Now in "Book Manager" publish the book.
That's it, you're done. The book will now show up in the frontend in your site in the category you created.