I have been using Joomla! for a few years now in test environments and just went live with my first site. The site started with Joomla! 1.5 and migrated up through 1.6, 1.7, and finally 2.5 before it was implemented. With all three Joomla! versions, AkeebaBackup core was there to save my butt each and everytime I did something stupid during development. And when I went live with the site, it made transitioning from the development site (MS Windows) to the production site (Linux) so smooth, I thought I had messed something up. I find Nicholas' documentation to be excellent and the forum is a great resource for finding solutions to common issues.