The Joomla! Extensions Directory ™


bysavalas, January 18, 2008
JCal Pro
I installed JCal Pro on Joomla 1.0.13 and it works fine. The interface and calendar functions are amongst the best I'd seen and it's easy to operate.

However, after two months using it, I noticed a sharp rise in the bandwidth usage on my site (from 1GB per month to almost 5GB per month). After investigation, the extra 4GB usage was entirely down to Googlebot hammering my JCal Pro component.
I've noticed a few others out there have had similar problems, but there doesn't seem to be a solution from the developers.

While I really like this component, I am not prepared to waste 4GB of bandwidth while Google continually indexes every page of the Calendar from 2008 to eternity. Therfore, it's now uninstalled!

Suggest you check your bandwidth usage after installing this component.