We actually did this a couple of times, trying out different functions, such as the manual restore, then delete the site and use the clone function, etc., and it worked like a charm.
Though we would like to see better documentation for this item, as that is the only shortfall that we have found, there is some information on the forums that will help. We are looking at expanding the documentation that has already been created and hopefully and make it even easier to use.
Our non-profit is very please with the extension, compared to any other that we have used. Its wonderful to know that we can now move our site from one server to another or even from one host to another without have to rebuild the site from scratch.
The support provided from the site is next to none. They truly do care about helping you work with their product. It was even nice to have them check into whether our site showed up when using the url's with www. and without, since we could not access the site unless we included the www. here locally, until the dns caches and servers refreshed themselves after the transfer/clone.
These guys are on top of their game. Looking forward to see what else these guys come up with.