I am using Joomla 1.5.6 - maybe the problem is there. But, I really wouldn't know as I could find no place on the extplorer site to ask for assistance.
The component may work well for some, but it doesn't work at all for me.
He got back to me within the hour with suggestions on how to properly use the component.
Well, I still managed to find a way to screw it up, so I made a little video of the problem and emailed Ryan a link.
He watched the video and promptly emailed me back the reason for my issues.
See, I was trying to set the default path to the root directory. Well, you can't do that, for security reasons.
If it wasn't for Ryan's quick response, I would have wasted hours trying to figure that out.
As it is, I changed my default directory and all is well.
Thanks for the quick response Ryan! Sadly, I don't get that kind of response from commercial software.
Keep up the great work!