Here are some of the flexible uses
* Directory listing
* Classifieds listing with time limitation to expire a listing
* Singles Dating listing
* Product or service review
* Model listing
* Complaints (like ripoffreport)
* Portfolio listing
* Realtor listing with map
...and all within the same website, thanks to the content construction kit to create different fields per category. Each category can have a different template and menu item.
Easy template duplication and built-in template file editor.
Unlimited categories with cross category listing ability
For a very low price, compared to similar products, this just an overall great piece of software that can make a website very useful to visitors and profitable for the owner.
After much tests with JVote free version, it was so impressive and satisfactory that it is now used by the poll dedicated site at thePhive.com. The nominal price is certainly affordable by anyone serious about a business website.
- Very flexible template system that allows different styling per poll
- Very good reporting system
- Great option settings that gives total control on display
- Each poll can have individual option settings
- Total control over BB Codes to create your own or remove existing
A few minor Cons
- Does not conform to Joomla global time config
- Styled with font families. Extensions should adapt the template's font family
An overall great tool!
The Notable Pros (Because they are so many)
Super flexible and scalable with its excellent smarty-like template system and custom fields which are easily edited right within the administration. Great that different templates can be assigned per item, per category.
The Attribute system is supreme and idiot proof (debatable) and further extends the flexibility.
Can function simultaneously as Catalog and Cart where VM is one or the other.
These guys get it when it comes to online shopping cart. So much flexibility I thought I was using a Magento enterprise system!
Lacking 'perfect' documentation so a lot of logical figuring and Googling has to be done, but the same can be said for numerous components. Documentation or technical writing takes lots of time and usually requires totally separate staffing to do that accurately. Give it some time. I would rather the developers spend the time perfecting the functions and let Packt Publishing and other such services develop a manual.
Keep doing what you do redTeam! Your innovations are dynamic and well appreciated.