* Now available for Joomla version 3.2 and 2.5!
* New! Option to include list of keywords for every page.
* New! Sort articles in random order.
* New! Show module on any page of any Menu Item Type (not just article layouts)
* New! Include articles based on Section, Category, Author, or Author Alias, unrelated to the current article in view or current Menu Item
* New! Only show articles that have a minimum number of matching keywords
* New! Pick Sections, Categories, Authors, and Author Alias values from a list instead of entering ID numbers
* Limit the list of related articles by count
* Limit the list to selected Sections or Categories (including the current article's Section or Category)
* New! Enter a list of keyword phrases to ignore when finding related articles. This is handy if you have some keyword phrases that are used in all of your articles.
* Sort the list by number of matching keyword phrases ("best match")
* Sort the list by keyword phrase
* Display the matching keyword phrases
* New! Include articles by the same author or author alias.
* New! Option to see article preview in tooltip.
* New! Option to see last modified date or created date.
* New! Option to include all articles in the same category as the current article.
* New! Option to ignore all keywords and just match on author or category.
* Numerous other options For more information about FJ Related Articles Plus, see the tutorial page at http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/freejoomla/wiki/?pagename=FJ+Related+Articles+Plus. You can download this extension here: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/freejoomla/frs/.
That is what I call great support! It's a great example of open source at it's best.
Thanks Mark (and FJ Related team). Keep up the great work!
Under J1.6, when viewing a list of related items, the pagination does not display at all. This is a major problem and although I have posted on the developers support firum, along with a few others, as of yet no reply.
Easy to install/configure
Highly configurable with useful options
Related links were not reciprocal. Article 1 would have a related link to article 2 but not vice-versa. Went to support, issue was not resolved. Quick reply suggested it was a template issue, last post has not been responded to (11 days old).
Tooltip option looked cool, couldn't get it to work properly, not valuable enough for me to go to support about it.
Module is still on my site because despite it's major flaw, it is still better than the core option.
If this issue could have been resolved this review would have been 5 stars.
In tooltip - the size of pictues cannot be adjusted. So if the picture is quite large, the pictures goes out of the tooltip borbers.
if i use it only for 1 menu item, which is a blog of the category for my site, i don't get any related articles on my main blog index page (site.com/category/blog.html). Though the related articles are dispalyed on every page of the blog.
You are not limited to sections and categorys. You can pick articles from any category and reassemble them in a blog-layout.
One article can be a part of multiple fj-related blog-layouts.
You can make as many blog-layouts as you want.
I hope Joomla1.6 version is coming soon!
Does exactly what it says. It gives you more options to adjust than you need, but everything is simple and easy to understand and configure.
The only minus is that for a site like mine, where every article has a big (500px width) intro photo which exceeds the tooltip margin and there is no way to make it resize the picture or not show it at all.
But it worths a full 5 stars!