- This extension requires registration to download.
It will perform a backend AJAX Query to the core component com_search and display the results instantly while typing in an inputbox.
PixSearch has been translated in over 20 languages, thanks to the Joomla! comunity.
This module is available for Joomla versions: 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 and 2.5
Demo can be found at:
http://labs.pixpro.net in the upper right corner.
Note: This is not the place to report bugs or request new features, please go to Pixpro Labs forum to do so at http://labs.pixpro.net/forum
- Date of every content. This is easy to implement, because is one of the aliases provided by search bots to the com_search component.
- In the AJAX frontend include the combo with the "ANY WORD", "EXACT PHRASE" and "ALL WORDS".
- Pagination of results (some Joomla sites with too many content can run in problems if only you limit the AJAX results.
- Sort order (like the native search combo box but in the AJAX frame).
So, with this suggestions this module could replace the less interactive native search module.
Despite this suggestions, Henrik, this is quite a piece of job. Please, keep on the good work and of course, thank you!!!
Does what it should do!
Customizing is possible where it is reasonable!
If customizing parameters they do what they promise!
Language files are used!
In language files you can translate *all* strings used in the view!
You can modify the view with your own css!
To make a long story short: It's brilliant!
I just wish Joomla's search facility was better at returning relevant results to searches... Maybe there could be a Google search version of Pixsearch??
A very good idea for those who have a lot of pages indexed in the Google directory!
I should look into this, Thanks for the tip!
1) Ability to scroll down through the results with the keyboard arrows.
2) Ranking based on relevance (especially one that weighs titles as more important) - but I guess this is a core problem.
Thank you! :-)
1) We are concidering an implementation of this into a future version! A nice feature! It has been in the request forum since the last version.
2) Unfortunately this is a core issue, thou we are actually looking into changing the parsing of the results based on user specified logic. We could make a search "on top" with keywords or settings by the administrator...
Keep your eyes open :-)
Some things I was seeing:
- I have the Search Module on the right-hand side and the Result box appeared on the left. It turns out it's just a module setting (offset) :)
- In Internet Explorer 7, the Result box appeared under some modules I have on the right-hand side. This can be fixed by another module setting. Simply type in "sidebar-2" (without quotes for the "Hide div id(s)" field
- Some weird characters were appearing for results in Spanish. Henrik pointed out to the solution in his website which explains that "some servers are configured to output UTF-8 which Joomla 1.0.x is not" and indicates to simply add the following line to your .htaccess file:
Great component! Outstanding support!
Does exactly what it is supposed to. Tested with Joomla 1.5 on Maxthon/IE7 and Firefox and is pretty much flawless except for some eye-candy tweaks which the developer is working on.
The technical support by Henrik is second to none. I had some issues with my template CSS, but Henrik was quick enough to point out the error and suggest fix in a matter of minutes even though the error was not in Pixpro. I highly appreciate the authors help and quick support which rivals most of the paid support in my opinion.
This search module is highly recommended and is on its way to all my websites.
The developer was aware of this and support was almost instant, helping us through this issue. (the developer is working to allow it to work with seo suffix's turned on).
An excellent example of an open sourced contribution backed by excellent support.
All the best pixpro labs.
The module works better than they offer. I will install it in all my sites!
I found an small issue related to charset specification and I thought it was time to uninstall the module, but I gave it a chance to find some support in PixSearch site. I was surprised when I received the support in just a few hours giving the exact solution I needed!!!
This is one of the most important things to make an extension successful, GIVING A GOOD SUPPORT and they know how to do it!
Great work Henrik!
Even if The module is not paid, you get support any time you need it.
Thanks again Henrik for your help!!!
Thank you leitoarias! :-)
To clarify, I am not the owner of the company Pixpro Stockholm AB. :-)
I am just maintainer of the PixSearch module!
Best regards / Henrik