* Tags autocompletion using ajax in both front end and backend: search, add and delete of tags!
* Support 501 Google web fonts! (see screenshots)
* All in one install: 1 components, 5 modules and 4 plugins!
* Stop Words support: some tags do not appear as Terms because they are either insignificant (i.e., articles, prepositions) or common. Filtering can now be now be switched off. 600 Words in English and 950 in German are part of the extension. More than 600 stop words in English and 950 word in German that are filtered out from being tags out of the box. You can also edit these list and add your own set of words
///////// Front end features /////////
* Show tags at the top/bottom/both of each article in frontpage or when viewing articles
* Tag list view + advertisement support
* Tag blog view + advertisement support
* Module (CSS3 modules enable+Display hits & Number of items tagged )
- Module Most popular tags.
- Module Most hits tags.
- Module Latest tags.
- Module Most read tags.
* Auto extractable tag when saving article in frontend
* SEF support, compatible with sh404SEF,ARTIO JoomSEF,AceSEF
* XMap Plugin
* Language file support
* Add/Edit tags when logged in frontend
* Compatible with JoomlFish
* Search plugin.
///////// Back end features /////////
* Statistics page (see screenshots)
- How mane terms are published/unpublished in percentage
- How many terms are having descriptions
- How many articles are still not being tagged
* Tag manager identical as the article manager of Joomla: filter by categories, authors, status, access, language, levels, search and let you add tags by batch
* Import Tags
- from Joomla content Meta keywords
- from 3rd party system
* Export Tags
- to Joomla content Meta Keys
- To CSV files
* Term editable / description /weight.
* Batch term add,
* Batch tag management,
* Language file support,
* Online editing of CSS,
* Online editing of english/german/other stopwords,
* Tags filter by section and category.
* One click installation.
* Frequency to Size algorithm can be selected
- Pareto distribution
- Dynamical number of buckets
User of Joomla Tags, just install this all in one package and select Import – Souce – Joomla Tags and click import to copy your data in the new table.
cedTag a new Tag system for Joomla 2.5 (based on Joomla tags)
I used Tags on a number of sites and found its tagging method to be very effective at attracting Google.
I tried a couple of the newer tagging engines on 2.5, and it just wasn't generating the same type of results.
I'm finding a few little quirky things, but I'm sure you're on it. Keep up the good work!
Learn how to uninstall :
Go to the Extension Manager under the tab Manage, enter in filter "tags", select all and click Actions - Uninstall
and if you have no access to your site anymore after having uninstall cedTag:
If you can not access your site, after having partially remove one or more but not all component of cedTag, just download http://www.waltercedric.com/download/cedTagOff.zip and unpack this file cedTagOff.php
to the root directory of your joomla installation and access it in a browser
this will switch off all left behind extension that were not properly removed and give you access to your site frontend and backend
I have no problem with installation, but it still lacks some functions, such as:
+Entering tags in frontend (I logged in, but can not see where to enter tags as your document)
+Binding tags with articles' meta tags
+Hits of tags when viewing (should have a config)
Overall: keep your good job.
But I can absolutely attest to what the other person said about the installation. The installer package definitely is messed up. I tried to install and it only did the component, no plugins or mods. So I unpacked it then repacked it, then it installed.
As it is, it will not install properly. Thanks to developer for a taking over a good system and making it better, but please do fix the installer so nobody else gets this problem.
Did just deploy the 2.5.5 5 minutes ago, so far tested on multiple instance linux, windows with or without any previous install, and no problems found so far
It installs the component, and that's all.
Now that's not my only experience with cedTags: Prior to the update, everything installed, but gave blank pages where the tags were active. Also, when I tried to edit an article in the backend, it would blank out, meaning I just get a white blank page in Joom. I had to uninstall manually, and from the database as well, to get Joomla working again.
There are great features, and it will be awesome once it's ready. But for now... as much as I hate to, I have to rate it poorly based on what's available at the moment.
Also, I contacted support a few times with these issues. They responded once, with an updated version, which didn't work. I informed him of that issue, yet more than a month later, never heard anything back.
Like I said, I hate to rate, because Walter does great work. But this is what's available to us now, and it's not ready nby a long shot. Sorry Walter.
Let me respond point by point
>.. it actually worked. First off, the download package is messed up.
> There's only the component, no plugins or modules.
Looking at the documentation (http://wiki.waltercedric.com/index.php?title=Taxonomies_and_Tags_support_for_Joomla) you will see that it install 5 modules + 4 plugins + 1 component
The installation process do not create default modules for you, you have to go to the module manager, and click new to create the 5 different modules available
* Module Latest Tags
* Module Popular Tags
* Module Random Tags
* Module Custom Tags
* Module Most Read Tags
>There's no button to add tags in articles.
It has been replaced by jquery ajax in the frontend: There are normally 5 ways to insert a tag after inputting some text: space, comma, enter, selecting an autocomplete option, or defocusing the widget.
>There's no modules for most popular, latest, random, etc.
>It installs the component, and that's all.
No can not be, see above
>Now that's not my only experience with cedTags: Prior to the update, everything >installed, but gave blank pages where the tags were active. Also, when I tried to edit >an article in the backend, it would blank out, meaning I just get a white blank page in >Joom. I had to uninstall manually, and from the database as well, to get Joomla working >again.
I use it on my server and always keep it up to date. I have no issues so far with more than 5000 tags and 3000 articles
>There are great features, and it will be awesome once it's ready. But for now... as much >as I hate to, I have to rate it poorly based on what's available at the moment.
>Also, I contacted support a few times with these issues. They responded once, with an >updated version, which didn't work. I informed him of that issue, yet more than a month >later, never heard anything back.
I am alone and get hammered by email, forums entries, features requests, skype call. You have to retry. I may stop some communications channel to be more focused
>Like I said, I hate to rate, because Walter does great work. But this is what's >available to us now, and it's not ready nby a long shot. Sorry Walter.
You're welcomed, any review is a review. I am sorry to hear it is not working for you.
Hope you will be better served with a commercial extension.