- PHP 5.x and above
- MySQL 4.x and above
- Joomla 1.5 & Joomla 1.6 native support
Restricted support for PHP 4.x and MySQL 3.x for the core component, but no guarantee for the migration/update process. This module is only handling IPv4 networks and not officially IPv6!
Few things you should know
- After installation, you have to run a Post-Installation process. That´s not because we want it that way, it´s more about getting control about issues with huge databases.
- Do not assign the j4age component to a menu item even if a link is shown up in your admin page for selection. The component itself has no public front-end part and you will see only a error message!!
- Most people install the activation module, but do not enable it or do assign it to a location, which is actually not used in their template like "left". Make sure, that you can see the Module title on your webpage, before hiding the title! Only then statistics are captured!
- An activation module must be set to "public" access, if you want to count all visits. If you set it to "registered" or "special" you would only count those visits
- If the module does not work, you can also download & install as alternative the activation plugin.
- Some people are complaining, that the activation module is not completely invisible on the webpage as a empty border is draw on the page. That´s because your template is adding styles, so simply try to find another active position, where the template is not adding styles. (As alternative use just the activation plugin)
Good to know
- j4age includes a migration mechanism to convert the existing JoomlaStats Version (until 3.0.4) to j4age
- j4age is collecting over the time alot of information, please keep in eye on your DB size
j4age is not Google Analytics, so please do not try to compare us one to one to them. Unlike Google Analytics we are open source and you can review our algorithms. It is hard to differentiate bots from regular visitors, especially as they try to pretend to be regular visitors. We have applied many advanced algorithms to get it under control and this will result into slightly different results between Google Analytics and us.
We will improve the "Cache" / History feature, so that you can drop data from the database without losing information on the Summary pages. We currently operating in a similar way, but a refectoring of the algorithms are required.
We also work further more advanced features, but more details are provied 2012.
*************** ATTENTION *****************
If you experience any problems, please contact us first on the j4age webpage!!
If you use j4age, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla
Installation is simple, only the splitting post-installation to two step can be confising for unexperience users. The activation module/plugin hare duplicated in function, but using the module with restricted privileges can provide bad counting.
Backend reports are excelent. Frontend graphical reports are missing, but if i properly remember, this is the same as in JoomStats and perhaps i am only dainty by my external tool.
"Included" modules have inconsistent layouts. The Country one uses the flags (not included in component), but the Browsers and OS das not. Something as div.class is not included, but can be solved by moduleclass suffix.
The backend provides the tool to debug the unknown user-agents, but i cannot find any tool to add/edit them. But identification of the robots seems to be excelent!
Result: excelent component with good modules for users, which do not want detailed reports in frontend, but want full reports in backend. It can be used by unexperienced users too...
The modules are extra bonus, as you can put all sorts of use(less/full) information on your site.
Bottomline is, it's easy to install, and easy to use, and best of all, updated to J1.7!
issue should have been solved yesterday night as I uploaded an newer build. It's still version same version, but different build number.
If the issue is still present, please contact me via the contact form on our webpage.
This component working like swiss watch for my political magazine website. I am new in web businnes, so i will donate this product soon as posible (depending on my first business results :)).
One more time, many many thanks.
(just one little thing: why statistics show US flag when i am loging from Bosnia?! Is it something about wrong settings?)
I'm now using it for 7 months and still amazes me for the info it shows me. Of course I also use Google analytics and another analitycs site for a total overview.
There is one thing I want to know, Is it possible for users to import icons for ISP's which are not known to J4age. When I click on the visits tab, there are a few ISP's who have an Icon next to there domainname. Some show an not present image an a lot of them don't have an Icon.
thank you for your feedback.
this is the wrong place for placing questions, but the ISP icons are loaded directly from the ISP by guessing the favicon.ico URL located on their webapge. Nothing can be imported to j4age.
I had statistics dating back to 2007 and migration was a long and painful process. However, I received excellent support and the results were worth the effort. You can migrate a huge database if you are willing to go to a little effort. A fresh install on a new site would be a piece of cake.
I have a few minor issues. The mouse scroll button does not like to work so scrolling up and down a page is wonky. I miss the fact that JS had links for registered users on the visitors view that would take you to Joomla OR VirtueMart user data. Mostly I like the fact that this component has a team actively developing it unlike JS which had gone completely dormant. Nice Work!