sh404sef also includes many security features.
sh404SEF® id the most popular and longest developed Joomla seo extension. We are dedicated, full-time Joomla professionals who work each and every day to bring you the very best extensions and prompt support. Our staff have over 20 years of combined experience with Joomla (and Mambo) and we maintain some of the longest, continually developed Joomla add-ons available.
* sh404SEF rewrites Joomla URL to user-friendly format (SEF URL or URL rewriting): mysite.com/index.php?option=com_content&Itemid=69&id=34
* NEW: Google Analytics Universal support
* NEW: Google Tags manager support
* NEW: full support for Google rel="prev" and rel="next" header tags, to improve SEO of paginated content
* NEW: built in caching database layer, can speed up sh404SEF and Joomla database operation. Backed by memcache, APC, etc
* Create and insert Open Graph data
quickly and easily add social media buttons to your entire site to allow sharing on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest.
* Integrated Google Analytics including support for social sharing
* Automatically generate tiny URLs (shURLs) for your content
* Full urls and bulk meta data management
* Easily redirect 404s to suggested SEF URLS
* Instantly add global support for canonical URLs (add rel="canonical" HTTP headers)
* Remove duplicate URLs, a common problem with Joomla websites
* Create human ear and search engine friendly (SEF) URLs
* Control URL re-write mode on a per-application basis
* Support for Google News URL format
* Easily customize the page title and page description with bulk updater
* Create customized error pages (i.e. 404) with relevant links and other info
* Harden against cross-site scripting attacks (XSS)
* Harden against malicious page requests
* Limit flooding attacks
* Protect input forms such as the contact page from spam (using Project Honey Pot)
* Control site access from suspicious domains (using IP address whitelisting and blacklisting)
We Support many third-party SEF plugins via the standard Joomla installer.
Components we support natively include: VirtueMart, K2, FlexiContent, Kunena, Jomsocial, Community Builder, mosetsTree and more.
I have checked with the support team, to be sure we were talking about the same problem. The particular issue you are facing is an identified issue in the language switcher module. We already have contacted Joomlart (maker of the T3 template framework) and provided them with the fix. We solely advised you to contact Joomlart to help in speeding up the process of a new fixed release from them.
Yes. sh404SEF may have different behavior from Joomla! SEF or Artio, especially when it comes to multilingual sites. That's because I'm focused on SEO and for instance, sh404SEF will not accept things such as the same URL sometimes returning one language and sometimes another one.
Other extensions may be more tolerant to bugs in some modules, but that comes at the expense of SEO results and that I won't accept.
In other words, your assumption that the problem is coming from sh404SEF because it "worked" with other extensions is not really correct. What happens is that it doesn't work with other extensions either. Simply you don't see the negative consequence now. I have always found that fixing the real, original probem is the way to go.
Support is very good and quick. they are ready to answer any quistion. I found some difficulties while using Arabic in my site, but they guide me quickly and now it is perfect.
I am using xmap for generating my site map, I found it much better than jcrawler which is generating a lot of errors with this extension.
It has nice feature where you can change the title and meta tags and keywords for each page of your site very easly in one location.
Finally, I highly recommend this extension for all joomla site especially if you are suffering from duplicate contents in joomla.
sh404 does an excellent job, with a very easy interface. Of course, everyone wants urls their way, and it's fairly easy to configure it properly.
Url management is really nice and easy to use. Plus some extra features like suggestions on 404 and social buttons.
On top of this, support is effective and fast even on the fourth enquiry. Couldn't ask for more.
I have to add that I live in Thailand and have to pay for this service in baht and it is still very cheap in comparison with other products.
I haven't had any problems. When I have had 'finger trouble' with the set up, I've received very prompt support in the forum.
Software updates have been reliable and I have confidence in the developpers.
I am now looking at using the latest Social features of this plugin so that I can set the image I want Facebook to pick up for my site and have Tweet / Like and Plus One buttons where I insert the 'Social' Tag onto my pages (there is also an option to have it before or after articles).
I feel the price of this extension is just about right. If you are looking to make your Joomla site Search Engine Friendly, I would highly recommend SH404SEF.
Having had problems in replicating the URLs (and failure to do that could wipe my site off the map), I posed a question on the forum and had the answer within an hour or so.
This is a first-class product that does an excellent job despite having to work in conjunction with an ever-changing code-base at Joomla and in numerous third-party extensions.
What I don't like about this product is that you buy it, you contribute to the forums by asking questions, perhaps answering some and generally helping the company in developing the product through your feedback.
As soon as your subscription runs out, guess what, you have ZERO access to support let alone forums. The GREED of companies like this and JomSocial has become a terrible practice which is fast spreading throughout the Joomla third party developer community.
Joomla is a great CMS but all of the TPD's have become terribly greedy with their 3, 6 and 12 month subscriptions. For the average user, this will scare many away to other CMS's when they realize just how crazy expensive it can get to run a site these days.
That is not the spirit of the Internet and supporting these companies in only ensuring that this spirit will be lost to pure commercialization at some point soon.
I'm glad you like the extension itself, and sorry support was not to your liking. Reading your review however, I'm not sure this is your real problem.
We believe forum is an efficient method to provide support. Please read reviews above and below yours, and you'll see many people do appreciate it.
Yes, after subscription has expired, you don't have access to support. Not sure how it can be otherwise.
Please consider also that:
- coming from a totally free of charge background, I have always made sure sh404SEF price is kept as low as possible. For instance, it is currently less than half of other extensions you mentioned
- subscription to sh404SEF is all inclusive: no separate support, plugins, doc whatever
- no restriction on domains, even for support
- we only have 1 year subscription, no short ones
You might find it to be expensive to build a web site today, but that's not because of sh404SEF. I won't comment on the spirit of the internet, too large a thing to handle ;)
But please search for "selling free software" and you'll find a page where the GPL license author strongly encourage GPL developers to charge for their software as much as they can, so that GPL-licensed software grows and replaces proprietary products.
We have just changed that to ".. charge as little as we can...", I hope most people like it that way ;)
Not sure I really understand what you mean. Are you trying to acces a page byi its old, Joomla SEF url? Or only by using the article title? Have you set up either index.php or a htaccess file or equivalent?
I thinkn you have a basic web site setup, and you should use our tech support to get you fixed up.