sh404sef also includes many security features.
sh404SEF® id the most popular and longest developed Joomla seo extension. We are dedicated, full-time Joomla professionals who work each and every day to bring you the very best extensions and prompt support. Our staff have over 20 years of combined experience with Joomla (and Mambo) and we maintain some of the longest, continually developed Joomla add-ons available.
* sh404SEF rewrites Joomla URL to user-friendly format (SEF URL or URL rewriting): mysite.com/index.php?option=com_content&Itemid=69&id=34
* NEW: Pinterest support. Including tracking in Google Analytics of Pinterest actions!
* NEW: full support for Google rel="prev" and rel="next" header tags, to improve SEO of paginated content
* NEW: built in caching database layer, can speed up sh404SEF and Joomla database operation. Backed by memcache, APC, etc
* Create and insert Open Graph data
quickly and easily add social media buttons to your entire site to allow sharing on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest.
* Integrated Google Analytics including support for social sharing
* Automatically generate tiny URLs (shURLs) for your content
* Full urls and bulk meta data management
* Easily redirect 404s to suggested SEF URLS
* Instantly add global support for canonical URLs (add rel="canonical" HTTP headers)
* Remove duplicate URLs, a common problem with Joomla websites
* Create human ear and search engine friendly (SEF) URLs
* Control URL re-write mode on a per-application basis
* Support for Google News URL format
* Easily customize the page title and page description with bulk updater
* Fully compatible with multi-language solutions for Joomla such as JoomFish (i.e. internationalization)
* Create customized error pages (i.e. 404) with relevant links and other info
* Harden against cross-site scripting attacks (XSS)
* Harden against malicious page requests
* Limit flooding attacks
* Protect input forms such as the contact page from spam (using Project Honey Pot)
* Control site access from suspicious domains (using IP address whitelisting and blacklisting)
* Prevent CMS identification via the 'meta generator' tag
We Support many third-party SEF plugins via the standard Joomla installer.
Components we support natively include: VirtueMart, K2, FlexiContent, Kunena, Jomsocial, Community Builder, mosetsTree, Sobi2, myBlog and more.
The trouble with this process is that you post something, wait for an answer, try it. If if it doesn't work, post a response, ad nauseum. This model for supporting a product is exceptionally inefficient for the user. The user will spend a lot of his/her time.
On several occasions, alias settings and other parameters I didn't understand caused problems with the display of our website.
If you're a programmer with a great handle on Joomla and all its moving parts, you'll probably have no problem with this extension.
If you're a marketing or communications person just trying to modify page titles, descriptions, etc. for the purpose of improve search engine optimization, you'll struggle with this application.
The good news...it's only $39.
From your review, I can't understand why you're saying one need to be a programmer to use sh404SEF. sh404SEF is a Joomla! extension: you click on options and settings to make it work, programming is of course never required.
As for the settings and data entry, they are all SEO related, and almost zero relates to the way Joomla! operates.
You may have miss the online manual (/sh404sef/user-manual.html) and also the extensive tooltips next to each option, including Aliases.
It seems to me your biggest gripes has to do with us using a forum to handle support requests. I can understand you'd prefer sometimes talk directly to someone, but if you quickly browse through the last 10 or 20 reviews below, you'll find that the largest majority of users actually find a forum, and most importantly the way our team operate the forum, not only good but a major "selling" point for sh404SEF
Thanks and best regards
Congrats and keep up the good job!
Sorry you're (at least partially) unhappy with the extension, but what you report here is simply totally untrue. You can absolutely and positively manage any and all Virtuemart sef urls, meta data AND page titles - the most important of all! Plus Open graph data and more. You can do this for Virtuemart just like for any extension on your site.
If you are in doubt, check out the 3rd screenshot from the left, just above, and you'll see the Page title edit field.
If on top of manually altering any title or metadata for Virtuemart, through sh404SEF backend, you want to programm your own plugin to do so with your own rules, you can develop such plugins following our extensive documentation to do so (/sh404sef/docs/how-do-i-write-a-sh404sef-plugin-for-my-component.html and /forum/developer/sh404sef/324-writing-a-sh404sef-plugin-the-basics.html).
Frankly, I have no idea what you are referring to here.
Again thank you for the help and support.
but i prafer this one beace of price is vrey low
Thanks for your comment and yes, ever since I switched from free of charge to commercial I have strived to maintain the lowest possible price for all.
As for automatically creating meta data (you're probably referring to meta description), that's not something we want to do. One thing is to save time and the other is to achieve good results. I have yet to see an automatic algorithm that can provide good description AFTERWARDS, and frankly, manually entering description is really the only choice to hope for better click through rate and such
I cannot praise sh404sef enough on their extension. Having just helped a colleague out that uses a different CMS system (not Joomla) I realise how lucky I am to have sh404sef to manage my website.
The additional overheads used by sh404sef to process URLs using PHP versus apache are minimal when I can point and click manage my URLs. It is stable, in active development and makes my life easier.
For anyone that uses Joomla and doesn't want to manually manage their URLs GET SH404SEF, your time will become your own again.
A big thanks to all the team @ sh404sef (Now Anything Digital).
Plus, the forum is very active. If you care about taking care of your duplicate content issues, you have to try this extension.
I am totally and pleasantly surprised by:
1. the easy of use (I originally selected JoomACE because I had read it was easier to use ... this is absolutely not true!)
2. the easy of installing (removed Joomace and installed sh404SEF and in 3 minutes I had the right settings to have exactly the same urls as I used to have).
3. the excellent information everywhere on the settings and on the website.
4. the forum with all questions answered and clearly answered (for example in Safari I could not manage to change the custom 404 error page and one quick search on the forum teaches in other browsers it should work and indeed ... no problems!)
I did not yet try the extra things like having google analytics integrated or switch to mobile template (will try these in the near future).
I do thoroughly enjoy the inbuilt '404 request manager' which lists all urls that ended up on a 404 error page. With one click you can redirect these to an existing url (through a concept called 'similar url' which is in 95% of my cases correct, making it really extremely easy to get all links working again or redirected to a page of your choice).
After all the difficulty with ACESEF, I am extremely happy to know SEF can be easy as well.
By the way also menu localisation (a Joomfish extension making it possible to hide certain menu items in one language only) works excellent (with ACESEF it does not because ACESEF makes you disable the JFRouter plugin and apparently menu localisation works only with the plugin enabled).
In short: Excellent! Bravo for the developers and the support team.
Their latest version for whatever reason loads the Facebook SDK by default, which broke FB Connect, Like Buttons and Box. We spent 3 hours to realize what was breaking it all (as we were upgrading other extensions as well).
These guys need to seriously sit down and decide what they are doing - if it's SEO extension, keep it SEO, if it is for Social Media, release it separately and stop breaking other people's stuff.
I am sorry, but there are other extensions doing Social stuff, yours is breaking them by default. Most people don't need analytics and tons of other useless stuff that's in and slows down the site.
sh404sef is absolute nightmare for site administrators and developers and I highly recommend you to not start with it at all.
Sorry upgrading to current version "broke" FB connect, it is certainly worth commenting on that.
Let me first clarify one major point you raise: Yes, sh404SEF is totally an SEO extension. If you haven't yet realized that social networks interaction has become an integral part of SEO, I'm sure you will soon. Google and Bing have both published documents on this.
This is why social features have been integrated into sh404SEF, and more will come.
An integrated solution can provides unique features, like hooking up social interactions on your site with Analytics and provide a single SEO dashboard right inside your website backend. Without any hard work from the user.
BTW, Analytics is also an integral part of SEO, and each and every website needs it.
Now, of course, we won't force you to use our solutions, and that's why you can disable with a simple click each of those features.
It works well, it seems fast and its very, very easy to use the admin backend to tweek its behaviour for your site.
There was an issue with the Ajax add-to-cart feature in Virtuemart which I fixed after ten minutes of searching in the support forum at Anything Digital. The changes required a few code changes, but were simply to do.
*** Note that, as the author warns, if you want to use the rewrite features of Apache to remove the display of 'index.php' in your URL's, you must ensure you have this working with standard Joomla first. Otherwise, the system still works well without Apache rewrites. ***
I think this extension is worth its price tag for the security feature alone.