sh404sef also includes many security features.
sh404SEF® id the most popular and longest developed Joomla seo extension. We are dedicated, full-time Joomla professionals who work each and every day to bring you the very best extensions and prompt support. Our staff have over 20 years of combined experience with Joomla (and Mambo) and we maintain some of the longest, continually developed Joomla add-ons available.
* sh404SEF rewrites Joomla URL to user-friendly format (SEF URL or URL rewriting): mysite.com/index.php?option=com_content&Itemid=69&id=34
* NEW: Pinterest support. Including tracking in Google Analytics of Pinterest actions!
* NEW: full support for Google rel="prev" and rel="next" header tags, to improve SEO of paginated content
* NEW: built in caching database layer, can speed up sh404SEF and Joomla database operation. Backed by memcache, APC, etc
* Create and insert Open Graph data
quickly and easily add social media buttons to your entire site to allow sharing on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest.
* Integrated Google Analytics including support for social sharing
* Automatically generate tiny URLs (shURLs) for your content
* Full urls and bulk meta data management
* Easily redirect 404s to suggested SEF URLS
* Instantly add global support for canonical URLs (add rel="canonical" HTTP headers)
* Remove duplicate URLs, a common problem with Joomla websites
* Create human ear and search engine friendly (SEF) URLs
* Control URL re-write mode on a per-application basis
* Support for Google News URL format
* Easily customize the page title and page description with bulk updater
* Fully compatible with multi-language solutions for Joomla such as JoomFish (i.e. internationalization)
* Create customized error pages (i.e. 404) with relevant links and other info
* Harden against cross-site scripting attacks (XSS)
* Harden against malicious page requests
* Limit flooding attacks
* Protect input forms such as the contact page from spam (using Project Honey Pot)
* Control site access from suspicious domains (using IP address whitelisting and blacklisting)
* Prevent CMS identification via the 'meta generator' tag
We Support many third-party SEF plugins via the standard Joomla installer.
Components we support natively include: VirtueMart, K2, FlexiContent, Kunena, Jomsocial, Community Builder, mosetsTree, Sobi2, myBlog and more.
Also, it's a fantastic component, but that's already well known. I thought it also well worth sharing about the people behind it.
i love it and be sure this is the best!
just some issue with category blog !
every thing works perfect but menu with category blog doesn't shown! i active "Always append Itemid to SEF URL" in options and problem is gone! but i don't like to add id in urls, is there any way to solve this?
thanks again for this great extension
Thanks for your positive reviews. Menus not showing is usually a Joomla Itemid issue. Rather than always appending Itemid, I suggest that you simply customize that particular url to your liking, so that the Itemid is the one you want
but no extension gives such support. I recommended to use this component even with out knowing any thing just read the manual and install it. Even baby can use sh404sef.
I would like to say Big Thank You to Jimie, thank you so much from you guidance, you have help ease my problem along this time.
Thank you Jimie.
Pretty intuitive (even for a non-techy like me), the information pop-ups are very handy. Documentation file is a bit light, but lots of reference mateial on vendor's website.
A couple of hickups setting up the software (self-inflicted) but Forum support had me up and running within hours, so happy with response time.
Good product, good value.
As you can see, and though support is free of charge, it's not only the "guy below" but all "guys" on this page that seems pretty happy with support.
A post can slip through, and as I don't have any information on your username on the forum, or what your problem was, I can only encourage you to get back to the forum and post again.
Unfortunately, I´ve run into problems when it comes to multilingual sites in combination with Joomlart templates. With sh404sef things just don´t work right.
sh404sef is definitely a serious and good extension, but seems to work best (i.e. out of the box and without tweaking and adjustments) on monolingual sites.
Thanks for your positive comments. I have spoken with jimie and understood what happened to you. There is no issue in sh404SEF with multilingual sites, actually we were probably the first to support this new feature in Joomla.
What happens in your case is that you created a multilingual site, but disabled additional languages and ran it as a mono-lingual site.
sh404SEF "pretends" that the language filter is always enabled, even if it is not in the Joomla plugin list. This is why some of your menu items disapeared, as they were not in the site default language. Just using "All" for these menus items language solves the issue.
In next release, I have added a setting to explicitely enable/disable multilingual support and avoid this sort of behavior, which is correct, but might not be expected.
Please note that we haven't anything linking this to the templates you are using.
Thanks for your positive review. Regaring your comparison with Joomla built in SEF, I have already answered that in details in a previous review response, so I don't think moderators would like me to put that same response again.
However, the short version is:
- SEF urls are only a small part of sh404SEF, think Analytics, shurls, security
- there has been no major improvement in Joomle on SEO since 1.0, aside from switching to table less output as standard output. Duplicate content is still the same, and URL length has increased, not decreased.
Though the native system is perfect, fast and efficient, if you want to go further in the competition for traffic, you have options to improve things, and sh404SEF is one of them.
Thanks for your review. However, we are not aware of any such parsing error that you are talking about. I just searched the forum for parse or parsing again, and didn't find anything.
I also talked to the support staff, and again we didn't find anything like this. Please contact me directly if you have anything to back this up or can provide data.
As for how support works, I think many people find it quick and efficient, please see reviews below.
The two best things about sh404 is the fact you can redirect the 404 errors to the page you want and you can manage all your titles page in one interface.
This is 30€ happily spent !
For my site to get nice urls.
Easy to install (without htacces my grandmother could install it and with htaccess file my mother still could do it. )
If Support needed you get this within a couple of hours.
Url's fully manageble but still easy to do.
Doesn't support every component so sometimes you need to skip that and that component won't give you nice urls on the site.
But I have to say even with unsupported components it almost works for 90%.
Thanks for your kind review. Regarding your comment on how some Joomla! extensions may not be supported, for lack of a plugin, this is indeed something that can happen.
You still need to consider however that:
- the same is true with any SEF system, including Joomla own SEF
- sh404SEF is the SEF component that supports the largest number of extensions. There are a large number of "native" plugins, but most importantly, it can also use Joomla! SEF system plugins and also plugins from other SEF extensions.
So if a given component has a SEF plugin somewhere you can use it with sh404SEF. If not, then this particular extension cannot have SEF url at all, regardless of the solution you're using
In this case the product works just fine and whenever I've had a problem, the support team really go the extra mile to help get it sorted out. This applies even when (as it turns out) the problem is caused by bugs in Joomla itself.