sh404sef also includes many security features.
sh404SEF® id the most popular and longest developed Joomla seo extension. We are dedicated, full-time Joomla professionals who work each and every day to bring you the very best extensions and prompt support. Our staff have over 20 years of combined experience with Joomla (and Mambo) and we maintain some of the longest, continually developed Joomla add-ons available.
* sh404SEF rewrites Joomla URL to user-friendly format (SEF URL or URL rewriting): mysite.com/index.php?option=com_content&Itemid=69&id=34
* NEW: Google Authorship support
* NEW: Twitter Cards support
* NEW: Google Analytics Universal support
* NEW: Google Tags manager support
* NEW: all output through JLayout, easily override in template
* full support for Google rel="prev" and rel="next" header tags, to improve SEO of paginated content
* built in caching database layer, speeds up sh404SEF. Backed by memcache, APC, etc
* Create and insert Open Graph data
quickly and easily add social media buttons to your entire site to allow sharing on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Linkedin and Pinterest.
* Integrated Google Analytics including support for social sharing
* Automatically generate tiny URLs (shURLs) for your content
* Full urls and bulk meta data management
* Easily redirect 404s to suggested SEF URLS
* Instantly add global support for canonical URLs (add rel="canonical" HTTP headers)
* Remove duplicate URLs, a common problem with Joomla websites
* Create human ear and search engine friendly (SEF) URLs
* Control URL re-write mode on a per-application basis
* Support for Google News URL format
* Easily customize the page title and page description with bulk updater
* Create customized error pages (i.e. 404) with relevant links and other info
* Harden against cross-site scripting attacks (XSS)
* Harden against malicious page requests
* Limit flooding attacks
* Protect input forms such as the contact page from spam (using Project Honey Pot)
* Control site access from suspicious domains (using IP address whitelisting and blacklisting)
We Support many third-party SEF plugins via the standard Joomla installer.
Components we support natively include: VirtueMart, K2, FlexiContent, Kunena, Jomsocial, Community Builder, mosetsTree and more.
Unfortunately, I´ve run into problems when it comes to multilingual sites in combination with Joomlart templates. With sh404sef things just don´t work right.
sh404sef is definitely a serious and good extension, but seems to work best (i.e. out of the box and without tweaking and adjustments) on monolingual sites.
Thanks for your positive comments. I have spoken with jimie and understood what happened to you. There is no issue in sh404SEF with multilingual sites, actually we were probably the first to support this new feature in Joomla.
What happens in your case is that you created a multilingual site, but disabled additional languages and ran it as a mono-lingual site.
sh404SEF "pretends" that the language filter is always enabled, even if it is not in the Joomla plugin list. This is why some of your menu items disapeared, as they were not in the site default language. Just using "All" for these menus items language solves the issue.
In next release, I have added a setting to explicitely enable/disable multilingual support and avoid this sort of behavior, which is correct, but might not be expected.
Please note that we haven't anything linking this to the templates you are using.
Thanks for your positive review. Regaring your comparison with Joomla built in SEF, I have already answered that in details in a previous review response, so I don't think moderators would like me to put that same response again.
However, the short version is:
- SEF urls are only a small part of sh404SEF, think Analytics, shurls, security
- there has been no major improvement in Joomle on SEO since 1.0, aside from switching to table less output as standard output. Duplicate content is still the same, and URL length has increased, not decreased.
Though the native system is perfect, fast and efficient, if you want to go further in the competition for traffic, you have options to improve things, and sh404SEF is one of them.
Thanks for your review. However, we are not aware of any such parsing error that you are talking about. I just searched the forum for parse or parsing again, and didn't find anything.
I also talked to the support staff, and again we didn't find anything like this. Please contact me directly if you have anything to back this up or can provide data.
As for how support works, I think many people find it quick and efficient, please see reviews below.
The two best things about sh404 is the fact you can redirect the 404 errors to the page you want and you can manage all your titles page in one interface.
This is 30€ happily spent !
For my site to get nice urls.
Easy to install (without htacces my grandmother could install it and with htaccess file my mother still could do it. )
If Support needed you get this within a couple of hours.
Url's fully manageble but still easy to do.
Doesn't support every component so sometimes you need to skip that and that component won't give you nice urls on the site.
But I have to say even with unsupported components it almost works for 90%.
Thanks for your kind review. Regarding your comment on how some Joomla! extensions may not be supported, for lack of a plugin, this is indeed something that can happen.
You still need to consider however that:
- the same is true with any SEF system, including Joomla own SEF
- sh404SEF is the SEF component that supports the largest number of extensions. There are a large number of "native" plugins, but most importantly, it can also use Joomla! SEF system plugins and also plugins from other SEF extensions.
So if a given component has a SEF plugin somewhere you can use it with sh404SEF. If not, then this particular extension cannot have SEF url at all, regardless of the solution you're using
In this case the product works just fine and whenever I've had a problem, the support team really go the extra mile to help get it sorted out. This applies even when (as it turns out) the problem is caused by bugs in Joomla itself.
1. SEF DOMAIN PER LANGUAGE: If you want to use one domain URL per language, sh404SEF does not work with SEF domains. You will find in the language panel that you can set one domain per language (called "url per language"). But it only works if you include the code language after every domain.
2. NESTED CATEGORIES: I got 404 errors when include categories in the SEF url. This error only came when I set restricted the category to the last one or last two nested. In other cases it worked smoothly.
Thanks for your review. Please see my comments:
1 - language per domain: when moving to Joomla 1.6/1.7, we accomodated the new language features that were added in Joomla with these new versions, but left the language per domain part out of it. The reason is that we're waiting for Joomfish to be available, and want to design a solution that accomodate both
2 - We don't have any report of such issue, and frankly, it is so basic and so big that it wouldn't go unoticed. I have just personally tested that this does not happen. I suggest you get back in touch with the support staff and try to find the real problem
"WOW" is all I can say! I should have purchased sooner. This is BY FAR the best sef/seo component available for Joomla. It does everything! There are endless configuration options, excellent alias control, and phenomenal handling of 301's. It couldn't get any better!
Don't do like I id, and put it off due to it being commercial. The $39.00 price tag is WELL WORTH IT! Having sh404sef is not an option for any developer; It's a MUST! Trust me, get it. You need this extension!!
Excellent job guys. I'm VERY happy!!
I have never known a company to provide such incredible customer service. They go above and beyond the call of duty.
If you are looking for a great product to produce friendly url's and you are looking for a company that provides great customer service then this is the product and the company for you.
There has been a couple of times where i have been stuck and thought there is no way i can solve this but their customer service said let us deal with it.
I only wished that all joomla components and extensions were as good as this and that the companies behind them were as good as these.
This company could teach lots of companies about customer service.
The support is excellent and response time is quick.
I'd highly recommend it.