For transliteration of the alias of the Article, it takes into account "Content Language" of the Article (stored in metadata of the Article). And it may also be used by (integrated in) any other Joomla! extension to transliterate text strings. Language packs are supported: they contain transliterations for additional languages.
v.2.1. February 2013: Updated to support Joomla! 2.5.
(Please download yvTransliterate v.2.0.x of packages for Joomla! 1.6 - 1.7)
v.2.0. March 2011: Updated to support Joomla! 1.6.
(Please download yvTransliterate v.1.xx of packages for Joomla! 1.5)
What's new in v.1.2.0:
1. yvTranliterate code moved to SVN repository, see http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/yvtransliterate/scmsvn/
2. Debugging was greatly improved
3. 'Default content language' option was added. If the value of this option was not selected, the language defaults to current Language of User interface.
What's new in v.1.1:
1. Added another 'hook' into Joomla! core: parameter 'Extend JLanguage class'. Now yvTransliterate may transliterate not only aliases of Articles (or comments in a case of yvComment), but aliases of other elements of Joomla! site interface also: menu items, sections, categories... in fact, yvTransliterate works in every place, where Joomla! core called JLanguage::transliterate method.
2. Two new translations were added since previous release, see them at JoomlaCode:
Czech (Thanks to Muskwa).
Ukrainian (Thanks to Ary Group).