EFSEO is a SEO extension for Joomla! with which you can control all important metadata manually and automatically. The handling of the metadata in Joomla! has never been so easy!
With the plugin you may change and add meta information (title, description, keywords, generator and robots) easily in the frontend and with the component in the backend. It does not matter which component you use. The plugin is active on every page of a Joomla! website and may be used correspondingly.
The entered data can be stored directly in the core tables. The tables for the articles and menu entries are supported. The saved data is indepedent of the URL structure and the plugin itself. The metadata remain available if you change the URL structure and even if you uninstall the extension.
In the Automatic mode the metadata of specified extensions are generated automatically from the data of the loaded page or in general from the plugin settings! The great advantage of EFSEO, compared with other extensions that also automatically generate metadata, is the direct influence on the generated metadata. You can manipulate and store it in the frontend. This gives the user the greatest possible freedom! In addition the loading process is quicker because the same data must not be recalculated on every page load.
See project page for expert tips and operating instructions. With all features EFSEO is definitely one of the best SEO extensions for Joomla!.
* Alter meta information at the frontend - set access through user groups and user IDs
* Automatic Mode - Metadata are generated for certain extensions or via the global settings completely automatic
* Backend component - allows you to edit and add entries directly in the backend
* Data may be assigned to every given page, regardless which extension is in use.
* Meta data is assigned using internal URLs - independent of SEF URLs
* Compatibility mode for external SEF components
* Collect URLs - URLs will be automatically entered into the database and can be edit with the component
* Relative URLs - the entries are independent of the domain and will not be lost in a domain change
* Two different styles: Top bar and Modal window
* Supported extensions in the Automatic Mode Content component - com_content
* Save entered data directly into the core tables (content and menu)
* Define a global title, generator and robots attribute
* Define custom meta tags
* Word and characters counter
* Set maximum number of characters for title and description
* Form fields are optional - not required information can be disabled
* Warnings, whether an information is set or not, can be displayed
* You may change the following metadata: Title, Description, Keywords, Generator and Robots attribute
* Languages: English and German
The extension is completely free, but you need a subscription for support:
I have used another extension that doing the same thing, it's a commercial extension but it's working fine so it's worth the money.
EFSEO works with every Yootheme template that I have tested. I have a membership from Yootheme and have tested it several times.
You have not contacted me via email or the support forum, because you have not really tested EFSEO. If you had, you would see that EFSEO also works in Yootheme templates. And if you really got a problem, then you would have contacted me and would not buy immediately a commercial extensions which do nothing more as my free extension.
You can edit all meta data directly in the frontend. So even my customers can do it!
On one site I had some problems to save the entered data because I used an external SEF component. The support was first class, the solution is very easy: activate the compatibility mode.
Thank you very much for developing such a useful plugin!
Thank you very much for your review!
Otherwise, great plugin. I now have control without going nuts trying to make changes.
Thank you for your review.
If you have any problems, then use the support forum on my site!
Tried it out and it works right out of the box. The only thing which was not perfect, although I could work with it, was a slight incompatibility with my Yoo-Template showing the EFSEO box at the left instead of centered. Just had to add the text-align:center; for the #easyfrontendseo at the custom.css (or any other). Thanks for the help, Kubik-Rubik... and as well don´t forget to activate the plugin ;)
It gives a vast flexibility to control the metadata output on any(!) Joomla site.
Who is looking for an easy way to manage SEO related values, that is the solution.
Thanks for this cool plugin!
Thank you very much for your review!