Multiple rules can be applied together, so if more than a single rule matches with the current URL, these are applied in cascade using the ordering set, except if a rule is declared as ‘last one’ (in this case the process stop).
And that’s not all. Tag Meta comes with support for macros. This means that meta information can be generated dynamically for each page.
To allow complex transformations for data to use as meta info there are the placeholders. Placeholders allow you to define a set of values where each value is associated and identified by a name and is used in the definition of other placeholders or in the definition of meta info (practically they are based on the same principle of the variables in programming languages).
With support for link 'canonical' it is possible to specify the preferred version of a set of pages with highly similar content. But there is still other, Tag Meta comes with support for an ontology database of synonyms, that allows to automatically generate and add new synonyms of existing keywords in any page.
The plugin, finally, has some useful options to set custom global information like Generator, Author, Copyright, or to set and align the tag ‘title’ and the meta tag ‘title’ in many ways.
- Support for tag 'title' and meta tag 'description', 'author', 'keywords', 'robots', 'content rights', and 'external reference' on each page
- Support for Robots options Index, Follow, Snippet, Archive, Odp, and Image Index
- Support for link 'canonical'
- Support for global meta tag 'generator'
- Possibility to add site name to tag 'title'
- Possibility to align meta tag 'title' with tag 'title'
- Possibility to preserve tag 'title' on each rule from global settings
- Support for global meta tag 'author'
- Support for global meta tag 'copyright'
- Possibility to add a note for each item
- Possibility to apply multiple matching rules
- Use of regular expressions into matching rules
- Case-sensitive option on the matching source URLs
- Request only option to match the full URL or just the REQUEST_URI part
- Decode URL option to decode URLs before to check if match with rule
- Last rule option to break application of matching rule
- Support for placeholders
- Use of macros to specify meta info (dynamic meta info, 33 macros)
- Ontology database for synony
each page on your site. An absolute 'Must Have' for any site that wishes to have SEO friendly URL's
(that would be everyone, no?). The component is a little hard to work out for joomla novices, but once you get to grips with it it is quite simple.
The support from Luigi is the best support I have received from any service provider. He is a friendly and patient guy, who can be trusted in your 'Back End'!
The only minor drawback I encountered was the lack of proper documentation. In practise that could easily be rectified with a single tool-tip as there is only one thing to do wrong.
DO NOT ADD FULL URL when adding pages. ie for www.yoursite.com/photographs you only add /photographs into the box.
Oh and a longer keyword field please!
Thanks for using Tag Meta.
In the next release there will be larger fields (e.g. keywords) and a manual with detailed examples. I see that all negative feedback are due to a lack of documentation, and it's a pity because Tag Meta works well if you know how to use it.
and i give the component url and give to it title
but there is no change title of component
so please how can i change my component title
If you need help there is a forum where you can find it. And we'll help anyone. This is a review list, not a support desk. You don't feel you merit support... sorry!
If "It works perfectly for every other page" maybe the problem was YOU. RTFM.
It really works well! Moreover developers support is is quick to respond your queries. If we can see this feature by the side of article or some other way it would be great in handling meta management for hundreds of articles.
There are a few things that would improve this extension in future releases:
- increase the field limits for title, keyword, and description (I find customers still wanting very long entries here)
- add the ability to copy/clone items into new ones (many times the metadata is very similar for pages and this would save much time!)
- add the ability to create the URI based on a 'point and click' selection of articles, sections, categories, etc.
Nice tips for next release. I'm workin on. Many thanks!!