- adds Open Graph tags with images and page details
- adds Twitter Card tags
- search for all images in component (not whole page)
- select default image when no image was found
- select default image for home page
- works with all installed components
- filter components for which plugin should run
- checks if image meets minimal Facebook requirements
- debug mode which displays added Open Graph tags
To check which images are inside component add at then end of page URL: &tmpl=component or ?tmpl=component.
Go to download page and try to share it on Facebook status or click Like button and Post to Facebook.
Joomla 2.5, 3.x
This plugin is not a Like button and it does not display any share buttons.
FACEBOOK REQUIREMENTS FOR IMAGES
The image must be at least 50px by 50px (though minimum 200px by 200px is preferred) and have a maximum aspect ratio of 3:1. We support PNG, JPEG and GIF formats. You may include multiple images with your page.
all potential problems with Twitter Card Tags are described in our documentation to which you can find link on JED and in plugin configuration panel.
This plugin automates the process of creating tags. In configuration you can:
- set @username of website,
- set @username of content creator,
- display details about website: twitter:card, twitter:url, twitter:title, twitter:description,
- decide which type of Card you want to use for Single image and Multiple images page: summary, summary_large_image, photo, gallery,
- decide for which components views show those Twitter Card Tags,
- limit images used for tags
- select default image if non was found in current component view
- use default image on home page
- look for images in component buffer with our without extension
- check image minimal size and aspect ratio to meet Twitter requirements
This is a simple system plugin and not advanced component would which allow different settings for each menu item.