- Four templates, each designed to allow you to quickly deploy the module on your site
- Twitter Web Intents helping to make quick actions even simpler without allowing external access to your account
- Display a list, user's favorites, or a user feed
- Display options to customize the position of various module pieces
- Choose to display tweets you've retweeted or not
- Filter @mentions and @replies from your stream
- Display your Twitter profile info, or don't
- Display as many or as few tweets as you choose
- Customizable language strings for international support and distributed with community contributed translations
Download version 3.0 for Joomla! 2.5 and 3! The module is distributed in a total of 12 languages, so check to see if your language is supported!
Click the "Demo" link above to see the module live, to include a preview of changes to come in the next release.
The support is excellent and the module is programmed nicely and supports template overrides. I also love the Twitter action buttons (reply/retweet/favorite).
If you didn't installed it yet, you should really try this module. You won't regret it!
The only downside is that, I cant display multiple tweets from different users on the same page.
Hope to see this feature in the future
If you set up a Twitter list, you'll be able to display multiple users. Unfortunately, because of API limitations, it would be difficult to be able to display multiple users using the current REST API and the Search API is very limiting in information.
However i have problem so i want to ask to developer:
1. "This user has reached the maximum allowable queries against Twitter's API for the hour."-->This error displays frecuently. I activated cache (from 2 hours to 2 days and still...
2. I dont find where to change this error message (the content and the css so i can style the message if it happens)
pros -> The best plugin for a one line news plain text twitter display - a function that many need.
cons -> The twitter errors appear fecuently, as in other plugins dont.
If developer fixes this it will be the best plugin out there (for me)
I believe I have one of the few extensions that checks Twitter's rate limiting API when processing data, which is what causes this message to appear. Unfortunately, as much as I have tried, I can't seem to get this method perfect for reasons I haven't figured out yet. I'd say that getting tweets works at least 90% of the time for most, but it's that 10% that is still bothering me.
If you are using Joomla! 1.6+, you can change the message using the core language override system, since it is a hard coded language string. So far as the styling of the message goes, I will modify my code so it displays the message in the same "container" that tweets render in.
your module is really nice. It would be great if could add the ability to change the date format. Also the translation is difficult for those who have a number of a minute, hour, day or week in the middle of a sentence f.e. "3 hours ago" in my language would be "prieš 3 valandas".
I've changed these thing in the code, but then updates are quite difficult.
In the next release, I'll make the change so that the value can be in the middle of the text area. As far as the date options go, you can either display times in a relative manner (X days ago) or as the absolute date which is formatted according to your site's configuration.
I only support pulling data from the user_timeline and list endpoints on the REST API. Using the SEARCH API is a different implementation altogether and one I don't have plans for in this module. Hopefully you can find a use for this module elsewhere and that you find a module that gets you the information you need!