Very simple, very easy, yet very effective.
This module has the following parameters:
- Module Class suffix, to style your module.
- Twitter Username, for the account that want to show its tweets.
- Shell background color, to control the color for the header & the footer. Just enter the color code without the #, like 000000 or ffffff.
- Shell text color, to control the color for the text in the header & the footer. Just enter the color code without the #, like 000000 or ffffff.
- Tweet background color, to control the background color for your tweets. Just enter the color code without the #, like 000000 or ffffff.
- Tweet text color, to control the text color for your tweets. Just enter the color code without the #, like 000000 or ffffff.
- Link Color, to control the color for the links in the tweets. Just enter the color code without the #, like 000000 or ffffff.
- Auto Width, to select either to take auto width, or enter the width manually in another field.
- Width, control the width of the widget, work when Manual Width selected.
- Height, control the height of the widget.
- Number of Tweets, select the number of tweets that you want to show on the widget.
- Show Avatars, to show/hide the avatar (account picture) in the tweets.
- Show Timestamp, to show/hide the timestamp in the tweets.
- Show Hash tags, to show/hide the hash tags in the tweets.
- Poll for new results, to make a space for live tweets to come.
- Include Scrollbar, to show/hide the scroll bars if needed.
This module is very easy to install and configure.
Initial Release, support only Joomla! 1.5
According to users request, this version will support both Joomla! 1.5 and 1.6 versions :)
According to users request, this version will support all of Joomla! 1.5, 1.6, and 1.7 versions :)
Due to customers request, we added the Caching feature on our modules, so now you can set the cache on the module to be either No Caching or Use Global, and set the Cache Time.
Fixing the XHTML validity issue, now its W3C valid.
+ making auto width default.
+ Adding color picker panel to the admin side.
+ adding two options to hide the shell header and shell footer...
+ ability to change the footer text (Join the Conversation) to any other text.
+ Several code enhancements.
+ Support J3.0.
+ Fixed the crash when used in Joomla! 3.0.
+ Fixed the (Module Parameters) Administration tab that was disabled in Joomla! 3.
Hi Urban Driftwood,
Thanks a lot for your review, glad that our module helped you.
Please keep tuned with what's coming next.
Optimized Sense Team.
Useful additions would be the ability to change the text of the link to my Twitter page, a way to filter out my direct messages, and a colour chart built in that could be clicked instead of having to look up the colour codes. Another small issue was that it lost bits of words due to being manually sized as default - when I realised this I switched to automatic resizing, but I would suggest this should be the default, for people like me who don't necessarily notice!
At any rate, this is the best free extension for Twitter I've found - many thanks for your excellent work!
Thanks alot for your great review, glad that our module met your expectations.
We opened a ticket with our Development Department with your suggested features to be added to our next release of Optimized Tweets.
Please keep tuned with what's coming next :)
Optimized Sense Team.
I really like this module. It's "clean and simple" and you are able to change the look and feel easily
Two little things I'm missing that would make this the ultimate module for me.
1. Add the option to disable the replies. I would like to show only my tweets, not my replies to other tweets.
2. Add caching, so that the module doesn't have to update on each request. Which will help performance under heavy load.
Keep up the good work !!
Thanks alot for your review, we opened a suggested feature ticket for your notes to enter the development cycle, to be launched in the next version of the Optimized Tweets.
Keep tuned with what's coming next :)
Looks great and works just as it should.
I spent money on a commercial one and although it looked nice it made my site slow and broke one of my other extensions, and that was one of the most popular in this category.
Wish I tried this one first, as it works lie a charm giving me exactly what I had envisioned, on the website.
Thankyou for a fantastic little extension.
Thank you for your nice review :)
we are glad that we could help... Our vision is (Since Joomla! itself is FREE and OPEN SOURCE, why not the modules be the same :) )...
Keep tuned with our continues developed modules..