- This extension requires registration to download.
V2 update includes the following new features:
* Drag and drop tweet templating.
* New layout options including pagination and scroller.
* New theme options.
* Automatically refresh the tweet stream.
* Intelligent admin interface
* Display retweet, favourite and reply button.
* Open links in a new window
* Set the number of tweets to display
* Choose whether to display your avatar or not
* Select whether to display just your tweets or all tweets related to a particular topic
* Select auto join phrases according to the nature of your tweet eg specific intro text for replies, verbs, replying to tweets and more.
* Set the text to appear while the tweets loads.
* Filter your own tweets via keywords. eg only display tweets that contain the word "joomla".
v1.0.2 Now loads the scripts on the fly making the module xhtml compliant. Please note that the module now requires the JB Library plugin in order to work now. The JB Library plugin loads the jQuery library automatically into the head of your template. The jQuery library is required for the jTweets module.
I have installed this on a few sites which work fine but on one e commerce site it prevented some images loading correctly.
Some images on my home page (virtuemart categories) only loaded when you scrolled to the bottom of the page.
Others were standard custom HTML modules with simple
Well this time I had issues. I included jQuery as instructed (using a Jumi module) but it still wouldn't work.
After downloading and installing the JB Library Plugin, it worked perfectly. It have a RocketTheme installed and have a pretty advanced site going on; but I was able to overcome my issue with this extra plugin. Just thought I'd mention this for others who might be having issues.
Thanks for the great plugin!
One suggestion I have is the ability to adjust the width of the tweet DIV. Currently it is set to 80%. I changed it to 100% manually via the CSS file to fit my site. Would have been nice to have been able to do that from within the plugin. Also, I changed the order of the module. I put the "follow me" link and bird icon at the top; followed by the actual tweets. Would have been nice to have an option to change that via the plugin page as well. That's all I can think of. Thanks!
after trying all other modules, this seems best. But I have two suggestion for improvement:
- if one chooses query mode, the entered search terms should querieded as OR not AND
That would allow to display a morebroad stream of tweets.
- the module stops working, when another plugin has already loaded JQuery.
This is concerning, because a lot of other plugins do so and it is a pain to figure out, when JTweet stops working on article pages. This should really be improved, it is a major disadvantage.
Overall, it is still the best of all other modules.
Thanks for your review. The module only stops working if the other module includes the jQuery library. We created the JB LIbrary plugin to avoid conflicts but it doesnt prevent other developers from creating conflicts by including a reference to the jQuery library and not providing the option to turn it off.
Just a small question - I changed my twitter avatar but the module is somehow still using my old one. (I have deleted the cache and everything). Do you know why this could be the case?
My only suggestion is that it should be written to work with Mootools, since that is what will be built in to future versions of Joomla.
I didn't want to display my avatar so simply set the avatar size to 0 and instantly it was not being displayed. Just what I needed.
Thanks for a great module to help me use the twitter services better.
They reacted instantly on a Saturday and Sunday to help make jTweet XHTML compliant.
Just follow these simple steps:
1. Add to the section of your template HTML.
2. Delete from the mod_jTweet.php file in the module directory (somewhere around line 45).
Tip hat and all thumbs up!