FeedGator is the original RSS feed aggregator but it has been significantly updated with new features like full text importing. Please note: FeedGator does not display content items, that is done by the receiving content component.
- Joomla 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 2.5 and 3.0 native
- PHP 5.4.x compatible
- Plugins for native content, K2
- Other plugins to be updated (FLEXIcontent, Kunena, Mosets Tree, Zoo)
- RSS feed content can be stored to any content component (with plugin)
- RSS 0.90 to 2.0, Atom 0.3, 1.0, Dublin Core, iTunes RSS and XHTML 1.0. For a full list check the SimplePie FAQ item on this subject. Now includes SimplePie over-rides to fix encoding issues.
- Full text importing using Readability port by FiveFilters
- Feed import preview to check your settings and end result
- Feed filtering based on whitelist/blacklist set for each feed
- htmLawed (X)HTML filter, processor, purifier, sanitizer and beautifier for imported text
- Filter HTML to exclude unwanted sections or tags
- Filter and replace text to edit/alter/censor where needed
- Enclosure support built-in
- Image and enclosure downloading
- Access control for imported content
- Variety of built-in and external metadata generation options (keyword tagging)
- Trackback (bit.ly, goo.gl supported) and link handling
- Import tracking and duplicate handling
- Automatic feed caching
- Automated imports using cron
- Easy to read HTML reports online or via email
- Automated Facebook posts or Tweets via AutoTweet NG
- Intelligent upgrade - simply install on top of any version of FeedGator higher than 2.0!
Latest Stable: VERSION 2.3.7 - ALWAYS BACKUP FIRST
Latest Development: VERSIONS 2.4beta3hotfix1 and 3.0alpha3 - ALWAYS BACKUP FIRST
Major version release. Massive code rewrite. Change the plugins to Joomla plugins to ease install/upgrade issues.
FeedGator3.0alpha3 is NOT PRODUCTION READY - This is a functional alpha release for testing.
FeedGator2.4 version is compatible with Joomla 1.5 - 2.5
FeedGator 2.4 beta3hotfix1
FeedGator3.0 is compatible with Joomla 2.5 - 3.x
FeedGator 3.0 alpha3
The uninstall process for 2.4 and 3.0 still removes the FeedGator database tables. YOU WILL LOSE ALL FEEDGATOR DATA WHEN UNINSTALLING.
Many, many, many features and developments for 2.4 and 3.0 including:
-Revamped admin again with better workflow
-Revamped and reworked code for many areas
-Easy installer and upgrade path
-Better focussing of the source text parser for difficult sites
but i have one problem that i want the feed pic to be stored in my server so i can use it in another module so i set the option to save the pic on my server but still not working and the pic still get an out sever link (original one) how can i fix this
and great work
The upload feed form should have; such modules
- Send a email alert to administrator when a new feed is uploaded
- Module for languages
- Module for categories
- Approve system for url feeds
- Report Objectionable Content
- Purge old entries
- Check broken feeds url
The reason we won't give 5 stars is that we feel strongly that customer service should also matter. Altho this is a free component right now, we are effectively testing it for free and providing feedback that will help the developer. Our experience on the forum was met with untimeliness, rudeness (from another board member) and more complaining. We pay for many components but the attitude we got is that we wanted it all for free, would never pay for anything anyway and were in fact inept. Unacceptable.
Overall, we would recommend FeedGator as a good Joomla addition. Order it without a side of rude and it will enhance your site.
Then I found this extension. It simply does what it says it does.
I had problems with the links and ACESEF but I simply had to delete the ACESEF URLs and let them be created again.
I also needed to change the layout for the menu option but that was nothing to do with this extension either.
If you're looking for an RSS feed into your website give this one a shot first and don't waste your time (like I did) trying the others first.
Mount Gambier Website Design
I am looking very much forward for the automatic cron, i would say that it's the step that will make this perfect!
Just have something to ask about, when it gets the feeds from somewhere and publish them, people can't really access the full article if they press on the title/read more, I need to edit the articles one by one and make it show the read more to do so.
Also if I do that it will show double entries, the intro text and the full text. How can I solve this problem? I would be thankful if you guys help me out.