FeedGator is the original RSS feed aggregator but it has been significantly updated with new features like full text importing. Please note: FeedGator does not display content items, that is done by the receiving content component.
- Joomla 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 2.5 and 3.0 native
- PHP 5.4.x compatible
- Plugins for native content, K2
- Other plugins to be updated (FLEXIcontent, Kunena, Mosets Tree, Zoo)
- RSS feed content can be stored to any content component (with plugin)
- RSS 0.90 to 2.0, Atom 0.3, 1.0, Dublin Core, iTunes RSS and XHTML 1.0. For a full list check the SimplePie FAQ item on this subject. Now includes SimplePie over-rides to fix encoding issues.
- Full text importing using Readability port by FiveFilters
- Feed import preview to check your settings and end result
- Feed filtering based on whitelist/blacklist set for each feed
- htmLawed (X)HTML filter, processor, purifier, sanitizer and beautifier for imported text
- Filter HTML to exclude unwanted sections or tags
- Filter and replace text to edit/alter/censor where needed
- Enclosure support built-in
- Image and enclosure downloading
- Access control for imported content
- Variety of built-in and external metadata generation options (keyword tagging)
- Trackback (bit.ly, goo.gl supported) and link handling
- Import tracking and duplicate handling
- Automatic feed caching
- Automated imports using cron
- Easy to read HTML reports online or via email
- Automated Facebook posts or Tweets via AutoTweet NG
- Intelligent upgrade - simply install on top of any version of FeedGator higher than 2.0!
Latest Stable: VERSION 2.3.7 - ALWAYS BACKUP FIRST
Latest Development: VERSIONS 2.4beta3hotfix1 and 3.0alpha3 - ALWAYS BACKUP FIRST
Major version release. Massive code rewrite. Change the plugins to Joomla plugins to ease install/upgrade issues.
FeedGator3.0alpha3 is NOT PRODUCTION READY - This is a functional alpha release for testing.
FeedGator2.4 version is compatible with Joomla 1.5 - 2.5
FeedGator 2.4 beta3hotfix1
FeedGator3.0 is compatible with Joomla 2.5 - 3.x
FeedGator 3.0 alpha3
The uninstall process for 2.4 and 3.0 still removes the FeedGator database tables. YOU WILL LOSE ALL FEEDGATOR DATA WHEN UNINSTALLING.
Many, many, many features and developments for 2.4 and 3.0 including:
-Revamped admin again with better workflow
-Revamped and reworked code for many areas
-Easy installer and upgrade path
-Better focussing of the source text parser for difficult sites
Hi, thanks but it's a shame you didn't post in the forum. I'm not sure which version you are referring to but both allow unlimited feeds to be added. For instance I have 39 in my test installation! Also, the target can be set for the trackback links - it is in the global settings. This may be moved into the per feed settings but historically it was in the global settings...
Now the component do an excellent job and is the best for me, I try listbingo, article generator 4rss and feedgator is the best for free.
I can't wait until they implement a cron-like system in the Joomla backend like some of these other extensions.
By far the most thorough and clean component. Plus excellent support from Matt and his team.
Keep up the good work and looking forward to see more enhancements!