- This extension requires registration to download.
obGrabber's mission is making that dream come true, this grabber Joomla! Extension can collect any external data sources (RSS, XML, NewsML, Facebook, Youtube, Google Base, ebay, amazon, email, blogspot, Google Calendar,...) and store into any Joomla! 3rd party Extension(K2, FLEXIcontent, DocMan, VirtueMart, redSHOP) - see more FEATURES LIST section.
This grab engine offers you fully control of:
1 - Where to to collect content for your Joomla! site
2 - How to re-format the content before pass it to 3rd party Joomla! Extension.
3 - Where the content will be stored.
For examples, this grabber Joomla extension can:
- Grab Youtube videos and store into K2 or Seyret
- Grab Ebay products and store into VirtueMart
- Grab CNN news, spin the text, translate it from English to Spanish and store into Joomla Articles, K2 or ZOO
- Grab Yahoo Answers and store into Kunena Forum
* Collect content from ANY external sources *
Imaging of a series of engines to collect the whole world into your Joomla! site. Builtin RSS-Reader engine is an example, it can be used to collect content from multiple RSS Feed sources.
> Available Engines:
- Built-in: RSS Reader
- Extras: Youtube, Text Folder, Email
* Re-format collected content with smart processors *
You normally want to re-format the collected content before pass it through 3rd-party Joomla! Extensions, tons of available Processors are lovely pieces to make your stored content looks perfect.
> Available Processors:
- Built-in: Alias, Cut Introtext, Duplicate, Get FullText, Images, Keywords Filter, Strip tags, Combine fields.
- Extras: Youtube, Translator, Text Spinner, Meta Data, HTML2BBCODE, Google News,...
* Store into ANY third-party Joomla! Extensions *
Collected content can be adapted into any Joomla! Extensions with optional to configure categories, keywords, publishing state,...
> Available Adapters:
- Built-in: Content
- Extras: ZOO, K2, VirtueMart, Kunena...
* Import / Export pipes: to share or use later (new from 3.1.11).
* Friendly Dashboard *
Help you to navigate to tons of adapters, engines, processors fairly straighforward.
* Logs system *
When you want to see how your grabber worked, the Logs system is available with fully logged information of saved items, date, link,...
* Easy to Use *
The extension designed for non-technical customers, making sure everyone can use it fairly straightforward.
* One click installation *
Express Tools for quick implementation of other modules, plugins.
* Auto run with Cronjob (Scheduler) *
obGrabber will be run automatically via a smart scheduler. You can decide how often this ultimate engine run with no touch.
* Extension Auto Updater *
At foobla, we have update-stream system for every Joomla! Extensions, it works with the Updater from Joomla! core.
I now have a system that turns an email into an article, then shares the article on a Facebook Page and Twitter account all automated with a cron job.
What a great system!
I'm looking forward to exploring some of the many other features of obGrabber.
Working with data-centric, xml content is always a challenge. This extension provides an excellent solution for importing rss and other types of feeds into your site.
Does all that is says,the support received from Tung,was very good,and this guy,solved me all the issues that i haved on setup this component.
You will surely need his support,because this component is very technical and not so easy to setup by yourself.
This component haves lots of functionality and stuff,and truly needs and pdf book with clearly explaination of all the functions,and what does each function,as the component is very good,but also very very technicaly even for an webmaster with large experience in using latest tehnologies.
Thank you for your review.
The obGrabber Joomla extension designed to work flexible to be suited for as much cases as possible. Sometimes, we will need customisation to make it works exactly to your needs. At foobla, we offer custom work to get your special requirements done at reasonable price.
Thank you for your review.
We are always on the customer's side, try to resolve their problems as ours. Sometimes, we will need to make some changes to the obGrabebr Joomla extension or its engines, processors and adapters; if the changes doesn't too much, we can do that free of charge; if the changes take more time, we may charge at small cost for our human resources expense.
I was kinda relieved when i saw that the extension was removed from extensions website and i m really not sure why it is back.
1. Extension is preety much useless by it self.
2. You need to buy extra plugins for it to perform anything and that will be again useless if you are not an experienced programmer able to write parsers.
3. Support is non-existent.
4. I have been getting spam emails with links to the same source, while no answer on any of the support questions, altough i have registered my site as requested.
5. Your download is only valid for 3 months. After that time your downloads are disabled and you will need to buy the extension again if you want to download it again.
6. He is also selling addons for the extension that don't even exist as a download on the page.
7. If you want the extension to perfom anything usefull you will spend 150$+.
8. I have removed it from my website altogether, simply beacuse of security reasons.
Hi, we are doing serious business with this obGrabber Joomla extension and we already addressed every needed information in the pricing page, take a look: http://foobla.com/joomla/obgrabber/pricing for yourself. You won't be writing this review if you read that page before buying the extension. For your question, the extension is always here, never been removed from the extensions directory, I'm not sure if you are a real customer or not.
1. The extension itself is for basic usage to grab from RSS to Content, we offer tools to test if your RSS feed works with the extension, so you will be able to know if it works for you or not.
2. You pay for what you use, and you don't pay for what you don't use; that's what we are doing for our pricing structure.
The builtin HTML Parser is the most awesome and powerful thing in this grabber joomla extension and will need a little bit HTML knowledge to use it in the case your RSS Feed doesn't work with RSS Reader engine.
3. Once again, I'm not sure you are our customer or not since in my check, all tickets have been responded on time (within 24 hours). If there is a bit delay, it's about technical issue, it means we are working on your ticket to resolve your problems.
When you say "Support is non-existent", you seems not our customer at all.
4. Don't understand what you mean, I see no un-responded ticket and no information recognize to "radioactive" in our customer database.
5. Please see #2.
6. Some plugins are no longer working due to discontinued service from 3rd-party such as: Google Translate.
7. Please see #1 & #2 again.
8. I'm so sorry to see you go (if you are our customer but never submit a support ticket which you subscribed for)
Have a good day, everyone.
I wanted to be able to pull in articles from RSS, including their tags and populate the tags field in K2. Couldn't find this functionality anywhere. The team at Foobla were able to supply this. Now I can can pull in articles and create menu items based on tags. I can use K2 more effectively.
I need some help from the Foobla team and they were very professional. Looking forward to subsequent updates of obGrabber.
Awesome tool. Just what I needed. Congrats to all at Foobla.
Thank you for your review. Automatic K2 content is pretty easy with obGrabber, we are working hard to make it even better and better every day.
By using this tool and RSS feed builders (for example, Feed43) I can sync content to my website without the other site even supporting RSS...
I have also set up a solution where people can use Pocket (Read it later) to publish to a Joomla website with the click of a button.
I did have some issues with setting article permissions but this was fairly quickly fixed by their support!
Currently I am having an issue with auto syncing, but I am pretty sure it is my server causing the problem since it worked perfectly on another server.
Thank you for your review.
This automatic articles Joomla extension is an easy solution to transfer your content from one site to another by using RSS.
There are two methods for setting up scheduler, by using builtin script or using server-side (cronjob). The first method will need your Joomla site to be visited from frontend or backend. You can find all necessary information on the Knowledge Base page.