Of course, it requires the right Database Credentials (DB Name, DB Username, DB Password and DB Host) otherwise you will only get an error message.
* Show/Hide Posts Titles
* Show/Hide Some Introtext
* Show/Hide "Read More" text
* Specify WordPress Category ID(s)
* Order by latest, modified, most commented or by title
For Joomla 2.5 and 3.+:
* 1.2.3 : New option to specify Post Tag ID(s).
* 1.2.1 : Show/Hide the post date.
* 1.2.0 : Creating thumbs rather than displaying the original images. (This option requires your server to have URL file-access enabled).
* 1.1.0 : Possibility to show the first found image.
Allowed HTML Tags setting allows you to add , , html element tags that you may have in your posts to allow them to not be stripped by the PHP code.
Limitation I notice with it - The site I am building is designed to have a seamless interaction and transition between Joomla site and WP Blog - this plugin has no config setting to control how the "Read More:" links function - _parent or _blank for example for the target.
Waiting for an answer on how to resolve this from the developer.
This does exactly as it says, clean and simple. It took me under a minute to install, configure and display the result.
Thanks for sharing.