- This extension requires registration to download.
We have a FREE version and there is a Pro version which costs 5 euro.
* Easy to install and use
* Choose your own thumbnail size
* Config maximum pictures per page
* Config how many picture in a row
* Multiple web albums on one site
* Very fast light-box tool to show pictures
* Automatically updated when changing picasa
* Reduce costs for hosting!
06-05-2010 >> There is a new version available, 1.06
18-11-2010 >> There is also a PRO version available which is more easier to style, also shows hidden albums, can show albums in an article and more...
01-07-211 >> Also available for Joomla 16 and Joomla 17
*Installs well, and is fairly easy to use
*FAQ cover all the usual issues, and so they were solved.
*Unlike other Picasa options, it works as stated.
*Level of difficulty - low to medium - you have to have some attention to detail to get the component and the Picassa settings to match up - well covered in the FAQ documentation.
I am an experienced Joomla user, so when it did not work first time I went searching for the answers and therefore found the FAQ
- it can be tricky!
I did not need to use support, because the FAQ
Thank you wgJoomla for wgPicasaPRO - from a very happy customer.
Also the joomla 1.6 version is freel of costs and has always been free??
This is a great little extension.
Not lucky with picassa albums extensions...
Only thing I'm concerned about, is that I can't find a way to hide the email being shown on the gallery. The people that browse the images see
'4 albums are present for firstname.lastname@example.org' and I'd like an option to hide that please :) Unless I've missed it? In which case, can someone show me? :)
But awesome otherwise.
Things you can think to add:
- CSS File (images too much together, I added some padding to it)
- Search (If I have, e.g. Sec1, Sec2, and Images link under these, I can't separate with a Albums list view, if I could search for "Sec1" then it would return albums like "Sec1 - Images XY")
Things you can think to REMOVE:
- The nonsense, futile, REGISTRATION-TO-DOWNLOAD, which there are plenty ways to go around, make it god-damn-optional