* Customizable: text for follow link, show icon (yes/no)
* Styles are separated in style sheet (css file) for better layout customizing.
* Show the tweets of the account.
* Uses the twitter REST api.
* Customizable: show follow link, tweet dates, parse links, follow link text, ...
* Caching: The module uses Joomla caching technology to save the tweets. So you should have no performance problems and no problems with twitter api rate limiting. You can set the cache on/off and you can set an expire time for the cache.
* PHP 5.3, or superior
* PHP cURL support
* Joomla 2.5 / Joomla 3.0
Wow, 3 stars for a free extension that does what it says, is easy to install and configure! What documentation is needed to change the style via css?
Thx for the review!
BTW: You can change the text in the module parameters in Joomla! backend. Feel free to ask in the forum on 1st-movers.com if you have further questions.
I've used it on two very different templates and was glad of the options in the back end to adjust the number of tweets shown and if the date should be shown or not as the sites have different tweeting rates, etc.
The module looks OK, but on one of the templates the "Follow us on Twitter" link started from the edge of the box. This can be adjusted within the CSS inside the /tmpl/ folder if you have FTP access but a /*note would be handy for newbies. The twit.gif can easily be changed to something prettier if you have access to FTP also.
Those two adjustments will not be needed for most sites, so I'm happy to give this module a big thumbs-up! Overall, it's a simple, solid module that works.