* All plugins are customizable: account, category to post for, link position, post for modified articles, textusage for message, hashtags, usage of metakey information and more.
* Works with most SEF extensions. Tested with: sh404sef, JoomSEF, AceSEF and - of course - Joomla! embedded SEF support.
* Automatic message resending
* AutoTweet NG posts also later published or republished articles.
* AutoTweet NG comes with message management and resend policies.
* AutoTweet NG supports articles with present publish date.
* Manual approval feature
* Multichannel architecture: You can post to multiple Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and others.
* Support for multi language sites.
* Support for direct messages
* Create your own Facebook App
*** Rule Engine ***
The rule engine is a great way to consolidate, automate, and organize your social channels. You can define rules according the following concepts:
- Category is/not included
- ONE/ALL/NONE of the terms
- ONE/ALL/NONE of the word terms
- Author (creator or editor) is/not included
- Catches all
- Match to a regular expression
- Language (*, en-GB, etc) is/not included
- Access Levels (Public, Registered, etc) is/not included
*** Restrictions/Limitations of the free version **
- Channels are limited to 2 channels. So you can create 2 channles only.
- No support for Yourls, or other shorteners. Only Tinyurl is supported.
- No cronjob support.
- Only the Content-Extension plugin is available for free (All other plugins are included in the Pro subscription).
- Support is provided for free
Supported Article Generators: Feed Gator,Article-Generator, Pressetext4Joomla, RSS2Content,4RSS,All articles added via RSS or XML-RPC
*** Supported Extensions via 3rd party Support ***
- SermonSpeaker - NEW!
Version 6.4.5 - Stable - 14th May 2013
- Content Plugin now supports article Intro and Full images
- New System Check for server versions compliance
- Logging optimization
- Image min-max parameter in configuration
- Ruletype filter and contextual help
- New Btn-Group for Joomla 3 visual style
*** Version 6.4.4 - Stable - 21th March 2013
- FIX: Twitter "Read-Only" Token Validation on API 1.1
- FIX: New Twitter Limits (Tweets < 140 chars)
- Feature: Name Tags for JomSocial Plugins
- Feature: New "Cancelled" status for Rules
- Feature: Reviewed and optimized Router
- Improvement: access level rules
- Improvement: better pic.twitter cleaning process, and minimum width size.
- Updated FOF Library v2.0.3
Based on my experience with AutoTweet NG, I plan to upgrade to the Pro version ASAP.
I do not have any experience with their support since nothing went wrong with our installation, so I'm afraid I can't comment on that.
The queuing feature is a good improvement as it gives time to fix something if you've published a little too early.
But above all, it's the convenience - publish and tweet automatically.
The only improvement I can think of would be the ability to post to facebook and myspace at the same time.
Thanks for a great product and keep up the great work guys.
Thank You very very much.
Thx for the review!
Of course the docu includes help to get the tokens: http://www.1st-movers.com/products/autotweet/autotweet-documentation#channels
If you're looking to add similar functionality for Facebook, step up to the commercial Pro version. It's a small amount for a very powerful tool that gets the job done with no hassles!
thx for the review.
MyBlog is supported in the Pro version only. (And in the Pro version it should also work for new entries from frontend.)
Came up against one issue and the developer was on hand to work through the errors within minutes. Very easy to setup, very useful, and great support. Highly recommend.
Component is cool!
Please fix one bug in autotweetcontent plugin - Joomla! SEF support for link.
Thanks for the review!
> Joomla! SEF support for link.
I suggest you have posted this article from backend. This is an issue of Joomla! and not of the plugin (Sorry!). See here for explanation: http://www.1st-movers.com/faq/3-autotweet/5-why-are-my-posted-urls-not-sef
If you have problems with SEF when the post is done from frontend, please post an example in the forum.
I'd love 2 additional features:
Support for Facebook (now only in the Pro version);
Automatic publication of articles added via RSS.
A great extension (comparable to rss2content which is not free)!
Thank you for this review!
> Support for Facebook
I will release the pro version an a 1-2 weeks on a subscription base for EUR 9,99 / year.
> Automatic publication of articles added via RSS.
I have added this as a feature request. You can find all open feature requests here: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/autotweet_ng/tracker/
Thx again and a happy new year,