* All plugins are customizable: account, category to post for, link position, post for modified articles, textusage for message, hashtags, usage of metakey information and more.
* Works with most SEF extensions. Tested with: sh404sef, JoomSEF, AceSEF and - of course - Joomla! embedded SEF support.
* Automatic message resending
* AutoTweet NG posts also later published or republished articles.
* AutoTweet NG comes with message management and resend policies.
* AutoTweet NG supports articles with present publish date.
* Manual approval feature
* Multichannel architecture: You can post to multiple Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and others.
* Support for multi language sites.
* Support for direct messages
* Create your own Facebook App
*** Rule Engine ***
The rule engine is a great way to consolidate, automate, and organize your social channels. You can define rules according the following concepts:
- Category is/not included
- ONE/ALL/NONE of the terms
- ONE/ALL/NONE of the word terms
- Author (creator or editor) is/not included
- Catches all
- Match to a regular expression
- Language (*, en-GB, etc) is/not included
- Access Levels (Public, Registered, etc) is/not included
*** Restrictions/Limitations of the free version **
- Channels are limited to 2 channels. So you can create 2 channles only.
- No support for Yourls, or other shorteners. Only Tinyurl is supported.
- No cronjob support.
- Only the Content-Extension plugin is available for free (All other plugins are included in the Pro subscription).
- Support is provided for free
Supported Article Generators: Feed Gator,Article-Generator, Pressetext4Joomla, RSS2Content,4RSS,All articles added via RSS or XML-RPC
*** Supported Extensions via 3rd party Support ***
- SermonSpeaker - NEW!
Version 6.4.5 - Stable - 14th May 2013
- Content Plugin now supports article Intro and Full images
- New System Check for server versions compliance
- Logging optimization
- Image min-max parameter in configuration
- Ruletype filter and contextual help
- New Btn-Group for Joomla 3 visual style
*** Version 6.4.4 - Stable - 21th March 2013
- FIX: Twitter "Read-Only" Token Validation on API 1.1
- FIX: New Twitter Limits (Tweets < 140 chars)
- Feature: Name Tags for JomSocial Plugins
- Feature: New "Cancelled" status for Rules
- Feature: Reviewed and optimized Router
- Improvement: access level rules
- Improvement: better pic.twitter cleaning process, and minimum width size.
- Updated FOF Library v2.0.3
Thanks for your review! I have noted your suggestion for implementation.
AutoTweet works for most people (see other reviews) and there is also a documentation and a forum.
Of course AutoTweet needs a little bit more customizing. But it offers a lot more functions as most other available extensions.
You have never ask anything in the forum! I do not understand people like you: This extension is free and I do thgis in my free time. You can use the extension without any payment and there is free (really fast) support in the forum and a free documentation.
It is not fair to give such a bad vote/review without asking anything! You have no respect for the work of others!
And I'm a novice, so if I can get this to work right off the bat, anyone else can.
This component works perfectly, just like advertised, and is a must for anyone who would like to get their articles in front of a whole new audience. That's all that needs to be said about this component.
On a final note, the support is wonderful as well. I had to use their forum once (no problem with the extension, it was actually with my web host) and I received a detailed answer very quickly.
Great job all the way around!
thank you for this review.
One word to the URL, when posted from backend: The URL is correct, but it is not the SEF URL because Joomla has no support for this in the backend.
I wanted to thank Ulli for taking the time to put this together, and, per my request, also taking the time to put together a plugin (SVN) for Eventlist - thats even Eventlist SVN compatible!
Support is great as well, my forum postings don't sit very long without a reply from the author!
If your thinking about a twitter solution for your joomla site, please take this for a ride, you will not be disappointed.
Or it tels me the status has been updated but the titel doesn't get to my Twitter.
Hello and thank you for using AutoTweet!
First: I do not understand why you have not posted your problem to the support forum on 1st-movers.com bevor you write a review.
> Or I get an error 111
Error 111 (Connection refused) comes from fsockopen and says that you have connectivity/network problems. Normally this is a problem of your environment and not of the plugin and you should contact you sysadmin.
> Or it tels me the status has been updated but the titel doesn't get to my Twitter
Please enable AutoTweet debug mode and post the results to the support forum on 1st-movers.com.
After installing, I did a test run and it didn't work, but I just posted a reply to a topic and I got the message stating that the autotweet worked. I checked my twitter account and it was up! This is a huge step for my website. I can't thank you enough! Great plugins.
The only shortcoming (at least for me) is that as stated it will not post an article to Twitter that is post dated.
I routinely will enter a months worth of articles to be auto posted about every 3 days. Unfortunately after a test they don’t get added to the Twitter feed.
I also tried compositing an article but not publishing it, and then a while later I published it manually, and it still did not post to Twitter.
I’m not sure why the plugin can’t or has been designed not to publish post dated postings but it sure would make my life easier.
Regardless it is a fabulous plug in, Thanks
Hi and thanks for the review!
It is not possible to get an info from Joomla when an article with present date is posted later by the system. So the plugin can't do this - sorry.
At the moment I work on AutoTweet NG (next generation). This version has a component and logs the articles. So with this new version it is possible to post automatically posts with present dates.
I will release a first version of AutoTweet NG end of october.