The Nice Tweets extension has been completely overhauled and rebuilt to be better than ever. Seriously robust and compliant with Twitter's OAuth security protocol, there is no need to use an unreliable third-party relay site to send your tweets. All tweets go straight from your site to Twitter!
The Nice Tweets extension is a cool little extension which automatically posts a tweet to your twitter account, every time you save an article. It automatically adds a prefix word or phrase of your choosing to the title of your article, and appends a tinyurl link to the tweet. For example, if you just published an article called “The Coolest Thing Ever,” Nice Tweets would tweet something like “New - The Coolest Thing Ever http://tinyurl.com/hashlink”
We think you are going to really love Nice Tweets! Checkout the features list below.
* Native to Joomla 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 & 2.5
* No unreliable third-party relay services, tweets go straight from your site to Twitter!
* Maximum number of tweets allowed by Twitter per hour! The extension does not limit the number of tweets in anyway
* No third party restrictions as is the case with other extension solutions!
* Tweet branding - specify your own tweet footer branding
* Compliant with Twitter's OAuth security protocol
* Integrated with Twitter API
* Automatically posts to twitter when new article are saved
* Supports multiple Twitter accounts
* Independant tweet profiles allows for multiple configurations of when, where, how, and what to tweet
* Automatically or manually send tweets
* Tweet log allows for manual posting and removal of tweets from Twitter
* Option to automatically posts tweets when old article are updated and saved
* Set a prefix word or phrase to pre-pend new article tweets
* Set a prefix word or phrase to pre-pend updated article tweets
* Set a preference to include or exclude a link in the tweet.
* Automatically truncates titles if the tweet exceeds 140 characters
* Automatically creates and appends the tweet with a tinyurl link to the article
* Option to limit tweets by section id
* Option to limit tweets by category id
* Option to limit tweets by user id
* Language support
* Translations include English, Español, Svenska
* Joomla! 1.5.04 or greater
* PHP 5.2.x
* cURL (included in most PHP configurations)
* OpenSSL (included in most PHP configurations)
Release version 2.23 updates
* Joomla 1.7 Compliant
Release version 2.24 updates
* Added Swedish translation
Release version 2.25 updates
* Joomla 2.5 Compatible
* Streamlined upgrade process for Joomla 1.6-2.5
A bad habbit one develops when working a long time with Joomla.
In the backend of the plugin I had a shock, because there were no options.
So I wrote to the devoper and he helped me immediately in a perfect and pleasant manner.
Like I said before, it turned out that I should learn to read properly.
This extension (plugin and component) works like a charm and the manual is really written in a user-friendly manner.
This extension is worth every single penny and it saves loads of work posting articles on Twitter.
Thanks to Michael, who made my day :)
If you have to post then tweet this will save you tons of time. Great job!!
Section-A/Category-X to Twitter1
Section-A/Category-Y to Twitter2
Section-A/Category-X and Section-B/CategoryZ to Twitter 3
Section-B/Category-Z and User-23 to Twitter 4
It does it all - Great job - and Great Support
Well done - Greg
keep up the good work...
All I want to do is get back to the writing! Thanks for good work!