- 13 social sites
- 4 different icon sizes
- 6 icon layouts
- custom links for RSS, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, MySpace
- mouse-over effect
- 4 custom icons and links
- icon positioning(float): left, none, right
- dynamic icons - tweet button, facebook like, linked in button and google+
- W3C valid
3.0 - version for Joomla 3.0
2.5 - version for Joomla 2.5
1.5 - version for Joomla 1.5 will still be available for download but it is no longer supported
I replaced my RocketTheme social icons with this module because it looks a lot better and it included other social sites that were missing from RT. Overall, I am really happy with the fit and finish of this module. If you want to see it in action, search for MyThrottle and look at the header.
1) add an option to give the buttons a custom order, for I'd like to have my custom buttons being displayed first.
2) add a field for a tooltip text that pops up when hovering over a custom button.
3) let the module title being displayed when checked in the module setup.
4) any chance to make the G+ and Pinterest buttons having the same style as the other ones?
5) keep up the good work. Cheers.
#1 - in mod_nice_social_bookmark.php lines 189, 193, 197 & 201 I had to remove > from the lines of code in order for the custom icon to to link correctly - it was adding > to the end of the url
OLD CODE: if ($tt == "yes")echo '">';
FIX: if ($tt == "yes")echo '';
#2 - it would be nice ... to see youtube vimeo ect... within this mod as well
YES ! I would recommend this Mod to my friends :) - Thank you for your hard work in making this mod
Hello AJ, the issue u reported is fixed now(thanx for letting me know).
Youtube, vimeo and pinterest are next icons to be added to the module. If any further issues arise please contact me trough contact form on salamander-studios.com
Just one little thing. Current versions 1.5.2 for Joomla 1.5.x and 1.6.2 for J1.6 and J1.7 does not validate on W3C.
I would normally contact the developer directly on his website reg. such minor problems, but the contact form on his website didn't work.
All the best going forward. Looking forward to the W3C fix.
Hello Gaatec, I will look into this W3C problems, it was working fine last time I've checked, but now I do see couple of errors. Contact form on the site is working as it should, give it a try :)
But when "Mouseover effect" is on, site doesn't pass css-validator :(
True, but it is only because opacity is not css2 standard, if you declare your html as html5 you should be able to pass validation. currently this is satisfactory solution because its lightweight, other options are too heavy and can cause conflicts