Note: If you're looking for the module version of ValAddThis check this page http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/social-web/social-bookmarking/7998
-=== Introduction ===-
This plugin is compatible with both Joomla! versions 1.5 as well as 1.6, 1.7 and 2.5+. It uses the Bookmarking services of AddThis.com. For a complete list of the AddThis features take a look at this page http://www.addthis.com/features. The plugin ValAddThis allows the easy configuration as well the display of the AddThis Button or AddThis Toolbox in any Joomla article, category, section or frontpage, with or without using plugin tags. ValAddThis will automatically read the article URL, its title and the description, and it will pass them to the AddThis script for you. It produces valid markup for XHTML as well as for CSS. ValAddThis is free software, which has been released under the GNU/GPL v2.0 license.
-=== Features ===-
* Support for the latest AddThis Menu API 2.0, in combination
with the old API 1.0.
* Now you are able to display the new AddThis Toolbox.
* Use CSS files for the Toolbox (option for a user-defined
CSS file too).
* Automatically display the AddThis menu/button or toolbox at the beginning or at the end of any Joomla article.
* Use of filters, in order to prevent the display of the plugin in specific Joomla articles, categories and sections, or even the frontpage.
* Option to display different types of AddThis for the various Joomla layouts (article, category, section and frontpage).
* Use your own HTML code before and/or after the AddThis Button/Toolbox code.
* Use of plugin tags, that can help you override many of the plugin parameters.
* Use of various special bookmarking buttons for the Toolbox, which are not included in the official AddThis script, yet.
-=== Documentation ===-
* For a complete list of the plugin's features read its documentation at http://www.valandis.de/en/extensions/valaddthis-plugin.html
-=== ChangeLog ===-
Latest Version 2.5.1 (27 April 2012)
* Changed: HTTP to secure HTTPS in some external scripts.
* Fixed: bug in the AddThis script that was caused by a typo and affected the Google Analytics Integration.
Thanks for ther review Rx7. Unfortunately ValAddThis cannot have options in the backend for specific buttons; there are already too many options, since ValAddThis supports AddThis and other 3rd party buttons. The width of the FB buttons can be changed via CSS (a class is already assigned to them).
I had a little problems with the bar occupying two lines because the pagination, but I simply changed the order in plugin admin and now it's done.
Thanks for the review Molech. The images in the backend don't look so well only in J1.6+. That is why I have included screenshots of the J1.5 version in the documentation as a guide for you, where all images are perfectly aligned. In the near future I will replace all images just with text (for the J1.6+ backend).
Advantages: opportunity to design the look of the plugin with your own CSS classes. The mapping of social bookmarking as a button or a block. Enable \ disable the output plug types and \ or the home page. Ability to turn off the output plug-in social bookmarking for individual articles and \ or categories. Ability to add custom HTML code to and \ or after the social bookmarking buttons. Ability to independently adjust the output list of services. Customize the appearance of social bookmarking with the graphical user interface (no knowledge of CSS). Support for multiple languages. The ability to use your own image for the button plugin social bookmarking. Ability to add articles and press the button to send letters by e-mail with a link to the article.
Disadvantages: the name of social networking tool tips are displayed in English/
Very powerful plugin social bookmarking to support popular in Russia and Ukraine social networking Contact, odnoklassniki, Facebook, Google +, etc.
Support - not used.
I use this extension on the site of postgraduate study and my personal blog .
Engaged in web technologies since March 2007. Use Joomla since December 2009.
Thank you very much for the review and the feedback ZARKON. Glad the plugin has been useful to you.
Thank you so much for the kind words and the for the beer as well ;)
Also the facebook I like doesn't work for me. I click but nothing happens.
Have you ever read the documentation of the plugin? It is possible to have any social buttons you choose in the backend. Why do you complain for something that is not true at all (the FB like button works 100%) and post negative reviews, without even asking for support as a "last resort"?
So if you think it is the best social-bookmarking plugin out there, why do you give it just 4 out of 5 stars? If you don't know CSS and how to style the various buttons, then why do you blame the plugin for that? Last but not least, you could ask for support, as a "last resort"!
The only thing I could not find is the Facebook Send Button Toolbox service. Did I miss it?
Thank you for the kind words fbonetti! AddThis doesn't support the Facebook send button yet, but in a future release of ValAddThis I will include this button as well.
It is not just doing what AddThis SHOULD do, it is as well very good documented, something what´s not usual on free extensions.
I may recomend using it, it´s just excellent work!
I donated with a big pleasure, keep it up!
Thank you so much for the positive words and the donation as well :)