Note: If you're looking for the module version of ValAddThis check this page http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/social-web/social-bookmarking/7998
-=== Introduction ===-
This plugin is compatible with both Joomla! versions 1.5 as well as 1.6, 1.7 and 2.5+. It uses the Bookmarking services of AddThis.com. For a complete list of the AddThis features take a look at this page http://www.addthis.com/features. The plugin ValAddThis allows the easy configuration as well the display of the AddThis Button or AddThis Toolbox in any Joomla article, category, section or frontpage, with or without using plugin tags. ValAddThis will automatically read the article URL, its title and the description, and it will pass them to the AddThis script for you. It produces valid markup for XHTML as well as for CSS. ValAddThis is free software, which has been released under the GNU/GPL v2.0 license.
-=== Features ===-
* Support for the latest AddThis Menu API 2.0, in combination
with the old API 1.0.
* Now you are able to display the new AddThis Toolbox.
* Use CSS files for the Toolbox (option for a user-defined
CSS file too).
* Automatically display the AddThis menu/button or toolbox at the beginning or at the end of any Joomla article.
* Use of filters, in order to prevent the display of the plugin in specific Joomla articles, categories and sections, or even the frontpage.
* Option to display different types of AddThis for the various Joomla layouts (article, category, section and frontpage).
* Use your own HTML code before and/or after the AddThis Button/Toolbox code.
* Use of plugin tags, that can help you override many of the plugin parameters.
* Use of various special bookmarking buttons for the Toolbox, which are not included in the official AddThis script, yet.
-=== Documentation ===-
* For a complete list of the plugin's features read its documentation at http://www.valandis.de/en/extensions/valaddthis-plugin.html
-=== ChangeLog ===-
Latest Version 2.5.1 (27 April 2012)
* Changed: HTTP to secure HTTPS in some external scripts.
* Fixed: bug in the AddThis script that was caused by a typo and affected the Google Analytics Integration.
Thank you for the review Eoin. Actually the Google +1 buttons are working just fine -even the ValAddThis-only variants; there were some issues that I have fixed in the previous version of ValAddThis.
Thank you for the kind words senphoenix!
Hope the next release will come with an option or a guide to remove the (via @addthis) and allow to recommend the users website when sharing on twitter. ¿Is it difficult to acomplish that? maybe not, the problem is that i have no coding experience. Congratulations again!!!
Hi berprado and thanks for the positive review! I'm sorry I can't do anything about the "via @addthis" text; it goes automatically there by AddThis. You could use the latest -ValAddThis only- button for the Toolbox called "tweet_vertical", which doesn't put any @text in the end of the tweet.
It not only shares on multiple sites, but also keeps a global count of share which has been done which is quite impressive.
I am sure our author for this plugin is working to have this one for Joomla 1.6 as well.
Thanks for the positive review and the kind words entergoogle! We have to praise AddThis though for making their great bookmarking script for us all. To be honest I've tried to make it work for J1.6, but I encountered several problems and I can't promise I will ever release a J1.6 compatible version.
Well done Valadis for creating this, and thanks for sharing with us for free.
Thanks for the kind words Giorgos! Actually the plugin isn't too heavy, rather the AddThis script that it calls; if AddThis change their script in any way, making it heavier etc. I'm not responsible for that.
The only issue that I had was with the new "counter"-button, which forced me to use another standard one, and also PHP warnings were displayed, and I switched off maximum warning level (which is recommended anyway).
These small problems don't stop me from applauding this extension, though, it is very useful for my site and its visitors.
Hi Anton42. Thank you for the kind words and the feedback too. Yes these PHP notices are known, but they don't hinder the functionality of the plugin at all.
It works and displays terrific...you just set it once without having to revisit.
It would be nice if the tooltips were translated too but this has to do with AddIn, not the creator's work
Hi PierreB and thanks for the vote!
Actually you can have a user-defined text in place of "Send to" in the tooltips of the service icons (AddThis toolbox), as of version 1.3.0 of the plugin.
Thank you Valadis
You're very welcome and thanks for the kind words!
You can also override global settings by adding a "Share this" link manually and modify all kinds of parameters if needed.
It provides a huge number of social bookmarking services.
Tha features are well documented
Thanks Phrunk! I'm glad you found it useful.
Thank you for your kind words millergraphics!
This plugin is excellent. Just installed it yesterday on our site, it works really well without any conflicts/issues.
Looks very nice especially the rounded border.
Hhave tried other ones before, this one is surely the best!! :)))
Thank you very much for developing this and greeting to you in beautiful Greece!!
Yasu kokujin! Thank you so much for the vote and the kind words! Greetings to you too :)
I had no problems at all in using this, it went all smoothly.
Thanks for the vote and the kind words flavioc!