Note: If you're looking for the module version of ValAddThis check this page http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/social-web/social-bookmarking/7998
-=== Introduction ===-
This plugin is compatible with both Joomla! versions 1.5 as well as 1.6, 1.7 and 2.5+. It uses the Bookmarking services of AddThis.com. For a complete list of the AddThis features take a look at this page http://www.addthis.com/features. The plugin ValAddThis allows the easy configuration as well the display of the AddThis Button or AddThis Toolbox in any Joomla article, category, section or frontpage, with or without using plugin tags. ValAddThis will automatically read the article URL, its title and the description, and it will pass them to the AddThis script for you. It produces valid markup for XHTML as well as for CSS. ValAddThis is free software, which has been released under the GNU/GPL v2.0 license.
-=== Features ===-
* Support for the latest AddThis Menu API 2.0, in combination
with the old API 1.0.
* Now you are able to display the new AddThis Toolbox.
* Use CSS files for the Toolbox (option for a user-defined
CSS file too).
* Automatically display the AddThis menu/button or toolbox at the beginning or at the end of any Joomla article.
* Use of filters, in order to prevent the display of the plugin in specific Joomla articles, categories and sections, or even the frontpage.
* Option to display different types of AddThis for the various Joomla layouts (article, category, section and frontpage).
* Use your own HTML code before and/or after the AddThis Button/Toolbox code.
* Use of plugin tags, that can help you override many of the plugin parameters.
* Use of various special bookmarking buttons for the Toolbox, which are not included in the official AddThis script, yet.
-=== Documentation ===-
* For a complete list of the plugin's features read its documentation at http://www.valandis.de/en/extensions/valaddthis-plugin.html
-=== ChangeLog ===-
Latest Version 2.5.1 (27 April 2012)
* Changed: HTTP to secure HTTPS in some external scripts.
* Fixed: bug in the AddThis script that was caused by a typo and affected the Google Analytics Integration.
Thank you so much for the vote and the feedback too! I will keep on improving the plugin and in the next release I'm going to implement your idea with an option to choose any type of AddThis for each Joomla "view".