- This extension requires registration to download.
We are proud to announce that our 1.6.0 version has been launched on 06-04-2012 and we keep on improving it.
If you are currently running the 0.93 version do not hesitate and try out this updated and native 1.6.0 version, however you should always keep in mind that
you should first test it out carefully before switching over completely so the chance of data-loss is minimal.
===== Whats new ? =====
Here is a list of whats new in Joomleague 1.6 (from 0.93b).
* Totally rewritten for joomla 1.5x Native (MVC)
* Teamstats view, all kind of stats of a team
* Clubplan view, shows all matches of a club in an period of time (project or non project related)
* Teams view, list all teams in a project
* Clubs view, list all clubs in a project
* Referees view, list referees in a project with stats
* History of a team in teaminfo
* Statistics system, now you can have as many custom and more complex statistics as you want
* Stats ranking view
* Played matches of a player / staffmember / referee
* A new matchpreview view
* History of matches between 2 teams in matchpreview
* New flash (animated)graphics (OpenFlash Charts 2.x)
* More extensive extension framework
* Match cancelled
* Matchrelation, if a match is cancelled just relate it to the new (or old match)
* Multiple referees
* Rss feeds for results and clubplan
* Image selector, its easier to select an image now for example a player or a clublogo
* A new phpthumb, an image manipulation library for PHP
* Extended data, it's now possible to create as many extra fields for persons, clubs, teams, matches, teamplayers......as you want
* Configurable Sports-Types per Project
* Simple Ajax assign or quick add teams/referees to a project, persons/staff to a team
* Standard Joomla Menu Item creation for the Frontend links with individual options
* CSV/XML-Import/Export of all kind of data
* Joomla content plugin support
* Prefill Match Lineup with existing data (projectteam, match)
* Match ticker / live commentary support
* JComments integration
=== Modules ===
It supports all kind of sports and provides tons of customization possibilities, but it is very well organized and the user interface is very straightforward, despite the complexity that's under the hood.
Support is very active in many languages and people there is very friendly.
Development is still under the way, and also documentation is still behind, but devs'pace is strong and I'm confident they will achieve one of the best results in Joomla extensions.
Besides, there is still need for developers, translators and doc writers, so if you have time and skills to contribute, head to Joomleague website!
thx, to be honest we do what we can and appreciate every feedback we receive on the forum or bugtracker!
A native version for joomla 1.7 is already in development, so stay tuned for updates!
I actually like this component and the developers are onto the right path. However it lacks a lot especially in the front-end editing were I am facing many problems.
I would like the managers of each individual team to be able to submit scores, team picture, logo etc. I have not been able to configure this yet.
I also lack a lot of CSS styling - you have to be pro to figure this part out.
It would be nice if the developers would spend more time on updates as the latest version is from July 2008 !!
I would be willing to pay for a better version as there are no better alternatives on the market (at least I haven't found it yet)
The only issue I think it should be developed is around design and CSS connections of some components.
I'm using it for basketball and it works great! We have 12 teams in 12 different leagues!
I gave rating "Good" because it isn't 1.5 Native!
In fact it's the only component that I use that requires Legacy mode in Joomla!
Lookin forward to the 1.5 Native version!
Btw. does anybody know when will 1.5 Native version come out or are they working on it as we speak?
Official site doesn't offer much information on 1.5 Native version or I just can't find it!
I setup one for a pool league, between Teams 10 players each team. With 2 Groups of 7 Teams.
And my table shows race difference and rack difference!
Customisable from a soccer league to a pool league!
Its been upgraded a few times during this period, and I have to say, the work done on this component is superb.
The problem with league software (and I've been using this league software or similar since 2004) is that it has to be able to do a number of things to suit a wide range of sports with differing teams, fixture setups, scoring methods and so on.
This means that Joomleague can come across as somewhat complicated to novice users of the software. But, some perserverance will achieve excellent results.
If you're after quick slapdash league software that doesn't bring much to the front end, look elsewhere.
If you're after something that will look great, have some excellent features (stats, prediction leagues and so on), and are willing to put a bit of effort in to produce the goods, Joomleague is the way forward.
This component ensures that the league/fixtures/stats section of your website is something to be proud of and a focal point of your website.
Personally, I can't speak highly enough of this software, and anyone that I speak to that is looking to start a sporting website, this is the first thing I recomend.
v .92 doesn't appear to have any major bugs. It appears to be complicated for the beginner, but with patience, you can do almost anything you want with joomleague and your sport of choice.
I love it. Great job guys!
Probably all fixable on investigation, but life is short. Sorry to say, it makes the argument rather well for commercial licensing.
This looks like it could be a wonderful extension. It's 90% there, but the last 10% is critical. Uninstall scheduled.
The wikipedia is not enough. Thank god för the Forum but you have to search through it a great deal in different launges and hope that you find the answer to your problem.
With that said, I'd like to see more documentation, and it would be nice if this would somehow use the joomla users profiles and then you could just select which players are playing and assign them. Juser integration would be a natural fit since juser also lets you customize and expand the fields.
Keeep up the great work and hope to see some common sense when it comes to jooma users integration. When you have more that 100 players to enter manually, it gets to you.
You are right, but it will be better in the near future! We are just working on a new wiki page.