We are proud to announce that our 1.6.0 version has been launched on 06-04-2012 and we keep on improving it.
If you are currently running the 0.93 version do not hesitate and try out this updated and native 1.6.0 version, however you should always keep in mind that
you should first test it out carefully before switching over completely so the chance of data-loss is minimal.
===== Whats new ? =====
Here is a list of whats new in Joomleague 1.6 (from 0.93b).
* Totally rewritten for joomla 1.5x Native (MVC)
* Teamstats view, all kind of stats of a team
* Clubplan view, shows all matches of a club in an period of time (project or non project related)
* Teams view, list all teams in a project
* Clubs view, list all clubs in a project
* Referees view, list referees in a project with stats
* History of a team in teaminfo
* Statistics system, now you can have as many custom and more complex statistics as you want
* Stats ranking view
* Played matches of a player / staffmember / referee
* A new matchpreview view
* History of matches between 2 teams in matchpreview
* New flash (animated)graphics (OpenFlash Charts 2.x)
* More extensive extension framework
* Match cancelled
* Matchrelation, if a match is cancelled just relate it to the new (or old match)
* Multiple referees
* Rss feeds for results and clubplan
* Image selector, its easier to select an image now for example a player or a clublogo
* A new phpthumb, an image manipulation library for PHP
* Extended data, it's now possible to create as many extra fields for persons, clubs, teams, matches, teamplayers......as you want
* Configurable Sports-Types per Project
* Simple Ajax assign or quick add teams/referees to a project, persons/staff to a team
* Standard Joomla Menu Item creation for the Frontend links with individual options
* CSV/XML-Import/Export of all kind of data
* Joomla content plugin support
* Prefill Match Lineup with existing data (projectteam, match)
* Match ticker / live commentary support
* JComments integration
=== Modules ===
The other issue is the English translation. The team is German based and has a large forum community but it is thin on the ground at the moment.
I have applied this module to a rugby based site, but at time of writing, this will not work with Heineken Cup rules as there is no bonus point functionality.
This component will work for simplified games, but beware of the module bugs, and quirky set up.
The only negative thing is, in my opinion, this "front end" link stuff. It would be better to be able to create a menu item that links to a particular part of the componnent. If you need to show a "club" info for example, than you should go to the componnent website, look for how the link is done & modify it so that it works on your website.
I'm using PHP5.21 and got these errors:
Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. in
on line 187
[path]/administrator/components/com_joomleague/classes/Ranking.class.php on line 116 [and] on line 125
Change this on line 187:
Same with the 2 lines in the other file, just edit out the '&' and the error will go away;