you can use it to put your site logo, banners, announcements advertisements, flash mp3players, flash games, etc...
### Features (latest version) ###
for all media types:
* simply place any image type (jpg, gif, png, ..etc) or any flash file (swf) in any module position on your site.
* you can change the size (width and height) of the (image/flash) to fit your need.
* you can choose to publish and unpublish the (image/flash) according to dates: (a specific date, a monthly date, a yearly date, ..etc).
* you can align the held object (image/flash) to center, left, or right.
* you can add text above and/or below the held object (image/flash).
* you can link the image to a URL address.
* you can change the opacity of the image.
* you can add a (mouse over) opacity to the image.
for flash files:
* you can enable or disable flash looping after the flash finishes playing.
* you can choose the flash's quality: (Low, Medium, High, Best, Auto Low, Auto High).
* you can choose the flash's display type: (Window, Opaque, Transparent).
any suggestions are welcomed..
Another use I have found, is this:
I had a Graphic Banner Ad that was far to bit for my site. So, I copied the image into SIH. Added the text below it (also in SIH) and Bingo.... The ad that I could not place was on my site in less than 10 minutes!
Omar Muhammad you are a genius!
I give this module ********** (10 Stars)
I had a question about copying module [hadn't seen the copy button in module manager] so sent off an email. Omar answered within the hour. This is how software should work!
Suggestion for future (but might preclude it's being simple): I put some text over the first logo. Would have been a nice touch to be able to style it from the module.
And user support is excellent: I found a small bug in the latest version, reported it to Omar, and within hours I received a reply with an updated version of the extension that fixed the problem!
Thank you for your review :)
unfortunately, it is not possible for a module to have a browse button, but its still fairly easy to hold any image/flash you want..
Simple Image Holder doesn't put any background.
please email me your problem, and i'd be happy to help.
thanks for the suggestion, you'll probably see it implemented in the next version of SIH :)
and thanks for the top rating.
However, I got nervous when it disappeared from the modules list and I installed another module and it came back and works well (J1.5.14) (may be local issue)
It would be very useful if further simple images could be added, though I do not know whether this is possible using modules.
you can always add more images by copying the module, and changing the data for each copy.
thanks for the great rating :)
At first I did not have the correct file path in my image info box and could not get the module to work. I emailed the developer and he replied quickly with the correct file path that I needed.
Very impressed with the plugin and the support from the developer. Great work! Thank!
you are welcome :)
thanks for the great review and rating :)