This menu provides some advanced features :
- Multicolumns AND multirows
- Themes are responsive design
- Mootools/jQuery dropdown with nice effects (open or slide)
- Description can be added for each link of the menu
- Loading of module in the menu
- Horizontal or vertical orientation
- MVC structure so the output can be easily overridable in the template
- Image only in the title of each link
- Fancy effect on first level items
- Possibility to have multiple modules on the same page, horizontal or/and vertical
- CSS class, href attribute and column specific width with the plugin Maximenu_CK Params
- Version Joomla! 1.5 compatible with Joomfish & sh404sef
- SEO optimized (all items are html coded and findable by the search engine)
- Compatible with mobile devices iPhone, iPad, Android
- option to open submenus on click, mouseover, close on click only
- Virtuemart compatible
- Image menu with suffix for mouseover images
- Theme css3megamenu to make the same menu as on Joomla.org
- Hikashop compatible
- RTL compatible with a specific stylesheet (see the documentation)
- Joomshopping compatible
VERSION 6 (J!2.5):
- Compatibility Joomla 2.5
- ACL management
- Cache management
- Creation of columns AND rows in submenus
- Code improvement
- New theme css3megamenu to create the same menu as on Joomla.org
- New ergonomy in the module administration
- New parameter [col=180] to create columns without separator
What really sets this apart however is the level of support in the forum. I posted a problem I was having in the evening, and by the morning Ced had replied, pointing out the silly mistake I had made.
Documentation is good - reading it through from start to finish rather than jumping in at the middle would have prevented my problem in the first place.
As far as having to pay for the manual--it's only seven euros. If I can afford that I don't see how anyone couldn't. And it's only fair that Ced receive something back for his fine work. There are some gaps in the manual and sometimes things get lost in the translation but other manuals--costing much more--this one is clearly written, with lots of graphics to walk you through most any step. Finally, Ced goes out of his way to be helpful and accomodating--so much so that I am beginning to think that he has a laptop attached to the hip. Thanks Ced for a great product!
It's really worth to spend a few euro in the cheap parameters plugin to spare time. But on the opposite of other Non-Commercial extensions, if you don't buy it, you still can use all the features.
Last but not least, Ced is proactive and not trying to simulate having a big team working for him.
Excellent extension and service.
But the payment is a bit hidden and quite tricky.
Why not offerig a complete package which includes the documentation and the plugin?
It is quite "schocking" to pay for a documentation (as far as I know this is the only Joomla extrension which has a documentation which has to be paid for).
And if I have to pay for a documentation, it would be just a good service to have it in all major languages.
Most of my clients don't speak english. Gerrman is also an important language in Europe and € 7,00 for a doc is not really cheap.
But the menu is a perfect extension.
Rob vabn Linda
Also, I had an issue with my menu not showing on iphone and the developer was easy to reach and found quickly a solution ! nice !
Hi, thank you for your great review :), always a pleasure for me.
I ran into small issue about background color with hover effect but Ced solved problem at forum with light speed.
Great modul and great and fast support at forum. Thanks Ced. I recomend this menu to all.
When the words Mega Menu are in beginning paragraph & a screenshot of mega menu is shown, I expect a mega menu. No where does it say that it's an additional paid feature. These would have saved me time from downloading it. Guess I'll go back to roknavmenu mega menu