This menu provides some advanced features :
- Multicolumns AND multirows
- Themes are responsive design
- Mootools/jQuery dropdown with nice effects (open or slide)
- Description can be added for each link of the menu
- Loading of module in the menu
- Horizontal or vertical orientation
- MVC structure so the output can be easily overridable in the template
- Image only in the title of each link
- Fancy effect on first level items
- Possibility to have multiple modules on the same page, horizontal or/and vertical
- CSS class, href attribute and column specific width with the plugin Maximenu_CK Params
- Version Joomla! 1.5 compatible with Joomfish & sh404sef
- SEO optimized (all items are html coded and findable by the search engine)
- Compatible with mobile devices iPhone, iPad, Android
- option to open submenus on click, mouseover, close on click only
- Virtuemart compatible
- Image menu with suffix for mouseover images
- Theme css3megamenu to make the same menu as on Joomla.org
- Hikashop compatible (needs the patch)
- RTL compatible with a specific stylesheet (see the documentation)
Specific addons :
- Plugin Maximenu_CK Params to manage item parameters with fileds in admin
- Documentation for CSS customization :
- Plugin Maximenu Mobile :
- graphic themes available for download
- Patch for Viruemart
- Patch for Hikashop
VERSION 6 (J!2.5):
- Compatibility Joomla 2.5
- ACL management
- Cache management
- Creation of columns AND rows in submenus
- Code improvement
- New theme css3megamenu to create the same menu as on Joomla.org
- New ergonomy in the module administration
- New parameter [col=180] to create columns without separator
It's almost perfect, but in one thing is poor.
There isn't a mode of orientation throught left of menu (!?). Or not?
For large site this option is necessary.
For this reason I have to choose for one my site a css maga menu: better for this option, for css (but scripts of maxi menu Ck are not so heavy), but above all for this reason.
I hope that at soon will be perfect!
Beginner needs help :)
if you had looked you would have seen that I have a forum to help people managing my extensions :
only a few hints on the module download page but not realy usefull if you wanna use that module as shown on the demo.
got time to waste?
hopefully you can also buy a pluggin that is supposed to make the settings much easier but i havent tested it...
should be for sale with the complete features and documentations
Perfect support ! thanks again .
Besides, easy to configure and rich in capabilities.
This is an awsome module. It has become one of the standard modules I load after a joomla installation.
cuz sooner or later it's always handy.
I only have 1 question.
I recently added a link in the menu to the joomla article submit section that's only for registered users ..
everytime I click on that link the menu module gives me an error above it..
this is wat it says:
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in E:\JST_CMS\modules\mod_maximenu_CK\helper.php on line 147 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in E:\JST_CMS\modules\mod_maximenu_CK\helper.php on line 148 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in E:\JST_CMS\modules\mod_maximenu_CK\helper.php on line 149 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in E:\JST_CMS\modules\mod_maximenu_CK\helper.php on line 151
any idea wat it is ? or how I can resolve the problem?
thanks for your great review. Please email me for your issue, I have to look forward.
The subtle detail in the sliding backgrounds is very cool indeed.
It took me maybe an hr ( I have about 9 months experience with Joomla, 3 years with CSS/html) to work out where to change the background colour, and :hover state, and top menu bar bg. The top menu bar is backgrounded with 1 px wide repeating gradient strips, very carefulyl designed and I think is very nice piece of work. It was easy enough to make similar in another color to match my own color scheme. The one mystery was where to find the text colours for the drop-down (=child+ menu items.Cedrick came through with an answer to my queries within hours. Fantastic!
This is a great menu with first-class support. 11 out of 10.
Earlier also, I used Maxi Menu CK with Joomla! 1.5 projects and simply become an ardent user (or lover) of this menu. Last week, I started a project with J!1.6 and as usual I went for Maxi Menu CK. I installed the menu perfectly for my modified Beez 20 nature template and found some minor issues with Submenu display. I just send a mail to the developer describing the problem. I didn’t expect a reply for a day at least. But the developer, Cédric Keiflin, amazed me by replying back within 3 minutes! He helped me with each stage and I was able to create a perfect menu that is working in all browsers alike!!
This is a very brilliant product and the developer is the nicest person I met in Joomla! community. Guys & Gals, go for Maxi Menu CK, you’ll never be disappointed.
I've been having a lot of problems with a multilingual site because of the mod_mainmenu of joomla that disappears every time I chance language of content, and I resolved them just when I tried this module!!!
It was very easy to install and has a very easy implementation and the best of all, I have quick response to my questions..
It is just fantastic!
thanks a lot
Do not forget about the breadcrumb module (Maxi Breadcrumbs CK) that goes with this module! They were made for each other and works without flaw.