This menu provides some advanced features :
- Multicolumns AND multirows
- Themes are responsive design
- Mootools/jQuery dropdown with nice effects (open or slide)
- Description can be added for each link of the menu
- Loading of module in the menu
- Horizontal or vertical orientation
- MVC structure so the output can be easily overridable in the template
- Image only in the title of each link
- Fancy effect on first level items
- Possibility to have multiple modules on the same page, horizontal or/and vertical
- CSS class, href attribute and column specific width with the plugin Maximenu_CK Params
- Version Joomla! 1.5 compatible with Joomfish & sh404sef
- SEO optimized (all items are html coded and findable by the search engine)
- Compatible with mobile devices iPhone, iPad, Android
- option to open submenus on click, mouseover, close on click only
- Virtuemart compatible
- Image menu with suffix for mouseover images
- Theme css3megamenu to make the same menu as on Joomla.org
- Hikashop compatible
- RTL compatible with a specific stylesheet (see the documentation)
- Joomshopping compatible
VERSION 6 (J!2.5):
- Compatibility Joomla 2.5
- ACL management
- Cache management
- Creation of columns AND rows in submenus
- Code improvement
- New theme css3megamenu to create the same menu as on Joomla.org
- New ergonomy in the module administration
- New parameter [col=180] to create columns without separator
One interesting feature that might add a whole new dimension to the menu would be the ability to have a default menu item triggered. That way the menu could be in its position, some module content that you want to highlight as well at the same time. That content then would change as you chose your different menu items.
Anyway I love this menu.
hi, thanks for voting, I don't really understand you request on the way it could be improved. please email me to tell about this.
My only question to the developer is this... is there a way to have a menu item only be an image (no text is shown for the item)?
Hi, yes you can put an image by css (background property) and hide the text (display none), or load a module with just an image.
that's really a great tool to make a nice looking and well working menu. I only would like to recommend to develop an english version too.
Good job thanks
Hi, thanks for suggesting, this is now done. French and english langages are available
Hi, you can find the documentation here http://www.joomlack.fr.nf/demos-d-extensions-joomla/menu/maxi-menu-ck-menu-deroulant-avance.html
To load a module you must call it with its name like 'latestnews' for example : [modname=latestnews] to put in the menu link.