* Simple mouse driven interface allows infinite styling of all aspects of the menu module without touching the keyboard or knowing CSS
* True type font integration for top and sub menu items using easily obtained cufon font files
* Corner styling. Independent corner styles for each corner of the complete menu, top menu, and sub menus.
* Advanced menu source features for the menu include the ability to automatically create whole menu structures from content(content only menu), Or too automatically append content items as menu items to existing categories(hybrid Menu). This unique system of menu and content integration allows you to custom make a menu system that automatically updates itself as content is added. Virtuemart integation is also supported.
* Create and export an external style sheet and edit it manually for unlimited styling capabilities.
* Active menu feature will automatically keep the top menu item highlighted for the part of the site being viewed.
* Live preview to see changes as they are made, as well as a complete preview to show entire menu module.
* Integrated update/repair facility makes it easy to upgarde to future versions of swMenuFree without losing any settings.
* Currently has 12 included translations for the admin component.
(1) Integrate our newly created swMenuFree menu into our Joomla! web page, and
(2) It doesn't tell me how to create and how to implement a swMenuFree menu system of multi-languages, but I saw it before (English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese).
No manual, no implementation procedures !
Full 23 page color manual in pdf format has been available for a few months now for swMenuFree plus a support forum with thousands of posts and solutions at http://www.swonline.biz
This component is a double thumbs up. The installation was simple and it is so easy to get professional looking drop downs without ever leaving the Compments admin back end and going to hack land. The supporting documentation and online help is excellent.
Don't go wasting your time as I did trying to find a better menuing component. This should be part of the Joomla core.
This component was a breeze to install, and the admin interface made setting it up to my needs very simple. The Preview ability is just wonderful! No doubt it has capabilities beyond my basic needs, but it did exactly what I wanted...with a minimum of stress. Now my main menu looks/works so much neater ( and so much nicer!)
Thank you SWMenuFree!
I was able to get swMenu working for me in MINUTES. I will be purchasing Pro for all my professional sites!
The one drawback--it does NOT valdate w3 for html compliance. You have to upgrade to the PRO version to get a validating menu.