Break free from Joomla's single Category restriction. Did you ever want to put an article into two or more categories? List selected articles from multiple categories? Create a blog or list based on author?
This component allows you to create a blog or list layout based on tags or keywords and author. So you can create any number of menu items showing articles based on any combination of tags or keywords.
* Create blog or list layouts exactly like the standard Category blog and list layouts, but using tag or keyword and author matching instead of Category.
* Optional match on Author or Author Alias as well as keywords.
* Option to include articles with ANY matching keywords or only articles where ALL keywords match.
* Option to limit articles based on Section or Category.
* Option to show matching keywords and sort based on best match.
* November 7, 2013: Version 3.0.0 now available for Joomla versions 3.2 and 3.1.
* January 7, 2010: Version 1.0.10 now available. Allows you to select Published or Archived. Also allows editing from layouts.
* August 29, 2009: Version 1.0.7 now available. Allows you to create a blog or list without needing an Intro Article. Also, allows you to show all articles written by the currently logged in user.
* June 9, 2009: Version 1.0.6 now available. This adds a new option to use an exact match on keywords. So keyword lists must have the same words and be in the same order to match.
* May 7, 2009: Version 1.0.5 now available. This adds a new parameter that allows you to link to other FJ Related menu items instead of articles. If a related article is an Intro Article for another FJ Related menu item, you can link to this menu item instead of to the article.
* April 12, 2009: Version 1.0.4 now available. It fixes problem with upgrades causing Into Article to be lost. Also adds Italian langage.
* March 12, 2009: Version 1.0.3 now available. It fixes minor display problem.
Here is how it works. You create an article with the desired keywords and author information. Then you create a blog or list layout and select this article for the menu item. That's all there is to it! The blog or list layout will show all articles that match the keywords and author information of the menu item's article.
See the Demo page for a quick tour of what you can do.
I say: yes! But it does not look as if this component is able to put an article into two or more categories. It's something different about article keywords an blog layout showing related articles.
This product does not what I expected. I am looking for a multiple articles solution. And that's why I was looking into this category: Multi categorization.
Really quite flexible and works well, the only very very minor down side is that it is a little bit confusing to start with to understand how to set it up. But not worth reducing the rating for that. :)
I searched a component able to alow multi categories, because the problem in Joomla 1.5 is that you can't make sub categories...
So I test this one and was very happy that this component can make menu wich show all articles that have same keyword in meta , very useful and easy to use.
Thanks a lot to share this free with Joomla community !
This or something like it should be part of Joomla.
Well done and thanks you.
Note: to those confused ones, you need to ad the keywords not only on the menu but also on the metadata keywords box for the article you want to display on it.
Hi. If you are having problems, please post a question in the Help forum. Here is the link: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/freejoomla/forum/?action=ForumBrowse&forum_id=9399.
Hi. If you have a question or think there is a bug, the best way to get it resolved is to ask for help on the Help Forum. Here is the link: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/freejoomla/forum/?action=ForumBrowse&forum_id=9399.
well, it's a nice idea and a nice basic approach to solve the problem of the existing lack for multiple categories in Joomla. It's easy to install and nice to customize but there're still problems with some links to articles (breadcrumbs) which are not covered by this tool.
Maybe there will be a better next version.