Break free from Joomla's Section and Category restrictions. Did you ever want to put an article into two or more categories? List selected articles from multiple sections and categories? Create a blog or list based on author?
This component allows you to create a blog or list layout based on keywords and author. So you can create any number of menu items showing articles based on any combination of keywords.
* Create blog or list layouts exactly like the standard Category blog and list layouts, but using keyword and author matching instead of Category.
* Optional match on Author or Author Alias as well as keywords.
* Option to include articles with ANY matching keywords or only articles where ALL keywords match.
* Option to limit articles based on Section or Category.
* Option to show matching keywords and sort based on best match.
* January 7, 2010: Version 1.0.10 now available. Allows you to select Published or Archived. Also allows editing from layouts.
* August 29, 2009: Version 1.0.7 now available. Allows you to create a blog or list without needing an Intro Article. Also, allows you to show all articles written by the currently logged in user.
* June 9, 2009: Version 1.0.6 now available. This adds a new option to use an exact match on keywords. So keyword lists must have the same words and be in the same order to match.
* May 7, 2009: Version 1.0.5 now available. This adds a new parameter that allows you to link to other FJ Related menu items instead of articles. If a related article is an Intro Article for another FJ Related menu item, you can link to this menu item instead of to the article.
* April 12, 2009: Version 1.0.4 now available. It fixes problem with upgrades causing Into Article to be lost. Also adds Italian langage.
* March 12, 2009: Version 1.0.3 now available. It fixes minor display problem.
Here is how it works. You create an article with the desired keywords and author information. Then you create a blog or list layout and select this article for the menu item. That's all there is to it! The blog or list layout will show all articles that match the keywords and author information of the menu item's article.
See the Demo page for a quick tour of what you can do.
Emilio Alvarez From SpAiN
Phenomenal extension - a solution that provides the J! community with a whole new way of cataloging articles in Blog and List format.
I started with Joomla about two weeks ago and this is my first extension. I was expected it to be painful, but I download the four zip files, browsed to each one, clicked install and everything worked. Excellent.
As a newby, I was a little confused about whether I needed to download all the files or just the first one (which I thought might be the latest).
When doing that file did not work, I did them all and it worked. I am not sure if I really the need the Events Newsletter zip, though.
Excellent documentation also.
Hi Ron. Thanks for the nice review. For future reference, each extension operates independently. So you only need to download and install one file for each extension. You can also uninstall any extension you are not using. For example, to uninstall the FJ Events Newsletter extension, navigate to Extensions->Install/Uninstall, select the Components tab, click on the radio button next to the FJ Events News extension, and press the Uninstall icon in the toolbar.
Also, please feel free to post questions in the project Help forum here: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/freejoomla/forum/?action=ForumBrowse&forum_id=9399. Thanks. Mark
Great idea of the author!
But the keywords system is a little bit complicated for less experienced users (site editors). They got confused easily to follow the structure for every article, sometimes they miss one letter or write it with a space, so the 'check button' system with predefined keywords would be a big plus to this extension.
Everything else, even when you need to list only articles from a 'current category' is cool...
Keep up the good work!