* Capability to create more than one sitemap with different preferences for each sitemap.
* Generation of XML sitemaps compatible with Google, Yahoo, Bing and others.
* Cache system to allow a fastest sitemap generation. Ideally for large or high traffic sites. You can enable or disable this feature independently for each sitemap.
* Exclude easily any menu item from your site map directly from the frontend
* Option to compress the XML sitemap
* Better presentation of the XML sitemap on browsers.
* Compatibility with Joomla 1.5, Joomla 1.6 and Joomla 1.7
* You can specify the priority and change frequency params for each menu and now for every item in your site map.
* You can change the priority and change frequency for every item in your sitemap.
* Shows some statistical information for each sitemap:
o Las visit date.
o Number of links generated on the last visit.
o Number of visits.
* There is available a lot of plugins for the most popular components: Zoom, DOCman, VirtueMart, Fireboard, SMF, Hot Property, SOBI2, Mosets Tree, MyBlog, RSG and many others.
* Customization for each extension
The nice looking TREE like thing (site map) on the site published.
What an excellent tool. No words to express.
Thank you very much and Good Luck guys..!
Its useage is relatively simple, but beneath teh surface tehir is alot of usefull depth.
would love soem one to make a nice graphical extension for this.
So I went searching for a extension. I found the xmap, and decided to give it a try. It was very easy to install and set up. I am so happy that I am not having to create my html and xml sitemaps from scratch. This extension is just wonderful.
I originally was interested in something that would build a site map for Google. I was able to add a link Google to my Google account, Webmasters Tools Dashboard, my primary goal. Xmap generates the link for you.
This also makes links for site map additions to my menus and articles. You can have multiple site maps, with different menus used to generate a map. You can make mini maps to include as links in various articles if you like. It generates the links for you to paste.
Adding menu items to my sites(s) was straight-forward. Xmap generates the links to paste. It adds an option to the Menu Manager Menu Item Type List to simplify this. Just follow your nose in the Menu Manager.
My only suggestion would be a set of notes, with a sample setup scenario, on the authors website. It is easy to use but does involve a bit of looking around.
If you are brand new to Joomla (I am not), you may get a bit frustrated. If you know the typical use of extensions, components, pop-up windows, etc. your OK.
Thanks for you great extension.